Chandler Jones made the defensive play of the game leading to winning drive | Syracusefan.com

Chandler Jones made the defensive play of the game leading to winning drive

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yet, as far as I can see, no one is talking about it. Even when he made it the announcers never mentioned his name.

After half of the Patriots fans had left the stadium by the two minute warning the Saints had a 3rd and 6 from their 30 yard line with a 27-23 lead.

Brees decides to sprint left on a roll out, looking down field Jones is closing in.

Just as it looked like Brees would escape, Chandler whips his arm at the quarterbacks legs.

Down goes Drew Brees and New Orleans decides to punt.

With 1:13 left on the clock Tom Brady, like he has done 38 times in his career, led the Pats to a game winning TD.

430-fchAf.AuSt.55.jpeg

He found Kenbrell Thompkins, an undrafted rookie out of Cincinnati, in the left corner of the end zone for a 17 yard TD. It was barely over the outstretched hands of the defender.

Two boos go out, one to Troy Aikman & Thom Brennaman for never citing the great play made by Jones and the other to the Pat's "fans" who were headed down the highway as the drama unfolded in the stadium.

Video
An earlier sack by Chandler

Last edited:
Being a Pats fan I have watched a lot of Chandler and he is going to have a nice career. Not only does he have the ability to make some plays that most DE's cannot, but he just keeps coming. so far he has 27 tackles and 4.5 sacks, but the stat that you don't see is how disruptive he can be. He always seems to be around the QB. Oh and he talks trash all game long, he is absolutely relentless.

EDIT: Chandler is getting a lot of good accolades on local sports radio today

Being a Pats fan I have watched a lot of Chandler and he is going to have a nice career. Not only does he have the ability to make some plays that most DE's cannot, but he just keeps coming. so far he has 27 tackles and 4.5 sacks, but the stat that you don't see is how disruptive he can be. He always seems to be around the QB. Oh and he talks trash all game long, he is absolutely relentless.

EDIT: Chandler is getting a lot of good accolades on local sports radio today
Glad to hear that!

If he doesn't have that second sack, then the Pat's are probably 4-2 and depressed today.