Chauncey Scissum | Syracusefan.com

Chauncey Scissum

OburgCuse

Starter
According to Bob L at TOS, Chauncey Scissum (Rush-Henrietta) tore it up at Nike camp in Columbus (top 3 DB) and looked better than some DB's committed to tOSU, Michigan, etc. Great size at 6' 2" 185 and supposedly visiting this summer (assuming some type of camp). No BCS offers yet but could explode soon.

I thought I remember reading here that he is also quite the lacrosse player too.

There was a rumor back in Feb that he had committed to Syracuse for lax but it was debunked.

Also noticed that Chauncey posted a highlight video of Broyld on his youtube page. I wonder if they are still close. Might help.

Also noticed that Chauncey posted a highlight video of Broyld on his youtube page. I wonder if they are still close. Might help.

They are, Chauncey was at the Syracuse scrimmage in Rochester and took a photo with Ashton.

Isnt Money from around that area? Has he seen this kid play?
Ive seen chauncey and I have done some individual work with him on his defensive back skills. Good athlete. Skill set reminds me of Jamahl Pardner. Both of them have decent speed but not blazing. Chauncey in my opinion will play safety in college. I also feel Pardner will be move to safety when he gets to pitt. Chauncey is a great kid from a great family and he deserves a serious look from Cuse. I can see someone coming in late to scoop him up (similar to pardner) ,especially if he has a oustanding senior season. I believe he will because he will have the ball in his hands every play as a QB. As a DB he is very smooth in space, has long arms. His team dont press wr's they play alot of zone. If I had him he would be pressed on the opponents #1 wr 70% of the time. Havent seen him play Lacrosse. Heard he is very good. Gets double and tripled team all the timYe because he's the biggest threat on the field.

Ive seen chauncey and I have done some individual work with him on his defensive back skills. Good athlete. Skill set reminds me of Jamahl Pardner. Both of them have decent speed but not blazing. Chauncey in my opinion will play safety in college. I also feel Pardner will be move to safety when he gets to pitt. Chauncey is a great kid from a great family and he deserves a serious look from Cuse. I can see someone coming in late to scoop him up (similar to pardner) ,especially if he has a oustanding senior season. I believe he will because he will have the ball in his hands every play as a QB. As a DB he is very smooth in space, has long arms. His team dont press wr's they play alot of zone. If I had him he would be pressed on the opponents #1 wr 70% of the time. Havent seen him play Lacrosse. Heard he is very good. Gets double and tripled team all the timYe because he's the biggest threat on the field.

Is SU in touch with him?

Wheatley has shown interest in Scissum since he recruited Ashton. Dont know if they are close to offering or not. I heard today that Iowa could be offering along with Purdue.

I would love to see this kid suit up for either the lax or the FB team. He could be a real difference maker at the midfield immediately.

He did not have a Cuse offer. After camp was over he made a comment that he was not happy. DB has the most young talent of any group on the team. Syracuse has room for one maybe two db's and he wasn't 1a or 1b.

Old Diminion has been picking up kids this year with D1 offers. It's sort of bizaare - either they're dirty or the kids have grade issues.

Scissum had a lax offer as far as I know but not a football offer.

He didn't have an offer for either sport. Came to camp and the staff told him he wouldn't be getting one.

He didn't have an offer for either sport. Came to camp and the staff told him he wouldn't be getting one.

This, please move on everyone.

Old Diminion has been picking up kids this year with D1 offers. It's sort of bizaare - either they're dirty or the kids have grade issues.

Scissum had a lax offer as far as I know but not a football offer.
ODU has a nice night life and the football stadium is nice. I use to go to basketball camp there and I have a family friend that will be playing there as well (Mike Lennox). A lot of people are really high on there coach Wilder he is really down to earth and has a good in with Ocean Lakes which is a very talented VA beach program.

I'd think he'd be more of a loss for UB than anything.

Not a SU prospect.

They could also be getting kids with the "Help us establish our bigtime program" sales pitch.

Well they've already got the criminal aspect of a bigtime program now. Must have been apprenticing with Miami...

Nice call with this one Money!