Chester @ Glen Mills | Syracusefan.com

Chester @ Glen Mills

TheOrangeBuddha

Scout Team
Heading over to catch Chester High School @ Glen Mills this afternoon. See Rondae Jefferson in person (top 20 Junior recruit).

Heading over to catch Chester High School @ Glen Mills this afternoon. See Rondae Jefferson in person (top 20 Junior recruit).

Man, that's my old stomping ground. I lived in Glen Mills for 3+ while I was going to Widener Law School. Brings back memories... mostly bad. Jerk.
j/k
Enjoy the game...

I know this is a bit off of the topic, but Chester Upland School District is a fascinating story. The school district is insolvent and had gotten to the point where teachers were agreeing to continue working with rather dim prospects for whether or not they would be paid. The State was recently ordered to make a short term bail out payment that will allow the District to continue operating for a period, but won't solve their financial issues or get them through the end of the year.

Jefferson may have a problem finishing his season and is seemingly unlikely to be back at Chester next year given its financial prospects. On the other hand their basketball program has been a bright spot they are ranked #7 nationally in the ESPN Powerade Fab 50 Rankings, they are defending State champs and haven't lost in over a year. They have produced guys like Jameer Nelson and are not the typical power house in that they do not recruit. I suspect it would be fairly difficult to recruit players to go there.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-01-22/news/30652968_1_rondae-jefferson-randy-legette-clippers

http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/i...y-of-chester/bf1bc2de884c4aeb8d5db6bc80017e44

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8508492

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2012/01/19/news/doc4f179754a6b58440811979.txt?viewmode=default

Well Jefferson was hurt and did not play. Very disappointed. Chester definitely has some amazing speed at guard (although very small in stature). Glen Mills, who usually has the best athletes on the court, had major issues just getting the ball across halfcourt and into any semblance of an offense. Some of this was coaching, but mostly it was the hounding pressure put on their guards by the Chester backcourt. As with most Chester teams the biggest issue with their kids playing at the next level is their ability to qualify. I know that several smaller D-II schools were in attendance looking at the Chester seniors.

I can easily see why Chester is the best team in Pennsylvania. If you add Jefferson (6-7, 190lb. guard) to this team, the offense works so much better as the passing improves.

As for wearing Orange (is there any other color?), I basically blended in as the Chester Clippers are an ORANGE team and their fans show up faithfully supporting the team colors.

Was told that I really need to check out Shep Garner, soph at Roman Catholic. He's a 6-2, 165 lb. guard that "is the real deal." I'll try and make that happen in February.

Peace

PS - PhillyMoose, where are you practicing now? Hit me with a private message.

Well Jefferson was hurt and did not play. Very disappointed. Chester definitely has some amazing speed at guard (although very small in stature). Glen Mills, who usually has the best athletes on the court, had major issues just getting the ball across halfcourt and into any semblance of an offense. Some of this was coaching, but mostly it was the hounding pressure put on their guards by the Chester backcourt. As with most Chester teams the biggest issue with their kids playing at the next level is their ability to qualify. I know that several smaller D-II schools were in attendance looking at the Chester seniors.

I can easily see why Chester is the best team in Pennsylvania. If you add Jefferson (6-7, 190lb. guard) to this team, the offense works so much better as the passing improves.

As for wearing Orange (is there any other color?), I basically blended in as the Chester Clippers are an ORANGE team and their fans show up faithfully supporting the team colors.

Was told that I really need to check out Shep Garner, soph at Roman Catholic. He's a 6-2, 165 lb. guard that "is the real deal." I'll try and make that happen in February.

Peace

PS - PhillyMoose, where are you practicing now? Hit me with a private message.

I caught a brief look at Jefferson last night on TV in a taped game vs Penn Wood. Smooth, southpaw, very good passer. I will try to check him out later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom