Chewy’s FTs | Syracusefan.com

Chewy’s FTs

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Call me crazy, but I felt really good that he was going to hit them down the stretch. Dude has awful hands for a 7’2 guy but he has the heart of a lion.

What clutch FT shooting. Reminded me of Baye Keita in the 13’ tournament making some big ones down the stretch.

Chewy saved us at the end.

Call me crazy, but I felt really good that he was going to hit them down the stretch. Dude has awful hands for a 7’2 guy but he has the heart of a lion.

What clutch FT shooting. Reminded me of Baye Keita in the 13’ tournament making some big ones down the stretch.

You are crazy if you thought that.

But you were right. And this limited team fought back down 7 to come back an ice a win.

21 wins. Would not have thought that.

So did JB, as he didn't put anyone on the line when 7'2" was taking those shots. I was going nuts.

You are crazy if you thought that.

But you were right. And this limited team fought back down 7 to come back an ice a win.

21 wins. Would not have thought that.

I thought he’d come up big. What’s funny is that he can’t hit a shot two feet from the basket but he has decent form at the line for a big guy.

Clutch FTs but he looks really banged up out there. Just can’t hold on to the ball with any kind of contact.

I thought he’d come up big. What’s funny is that he can’t hit a shot two feet from the basket but he has decent form at the line for a big guy.
He was awful from the line early on, but give the big guy credit. He must have worked hard in practice because he improved significantly by the time we got into ACC play and he's been clutch at the line as of late.

The announcer was pissing me off...

Chukwu was 1 for 4 on the line, he shoots 63%. Announcer said well the numbers say he is going to miss this one... Umm no. If he made it he is 2-5 from the line and still well below his season average. So the numbers say he was going to make a few.

Another instance was the Dolezaj steal... He said that Syracuse is lucky for the foul because the ball rolled down Dolezaj leg and hit out of bounds... It never came close to out of bounds. It landed in bounds and rolled the other way.

Clutch FTs but he looks really banged up out there. Just can’t hold on to the ball with any kind of contact.

He’s just not strong enough to hold on to the ball when there’s any kind of contact.

But again, he sealed that win for us. All that counts.

The announcer was pissing me off...

Chukwu was 1 for 4 on the line, he shoots 63%. Announcer said well the numbers say he is going to miss this one... Umm no. If he made it he is 2-5 from the line and still well below his season average. So the numbers say he was going to make a few.

Another instance was the Dolezaj steal... He said that Syracuse is lucky for the foul because the ball rolled down Dolezaj leg and hit out of bounds... It never came close to out of bounds. It landed in bounds and rolled the other way.

They didn’t do their homework. The first 11 games of the season Chukwu was 12 for 26 or just .461 (through Buffalo game) but the last part of the season from the Buffalo on he has shot over .700.

He’s just not strong enough to hold on to the ball when there’s any kind of contact.

But again, he sealed that win for us. All that counts.

This is sort of true, the main issue he is having is he's just not catching the ball cleanly, this is KILLING US, if he had a pair of hands he would have had at least 3 uncontested dunks, he's always bobbling the ball and not catching it cleanly, he also needs to stop trying to lay the ball up and Dunk the ball, if he could do this our offense would score at least 4-6 points more per game i believe

I was livid that 1) he had his hands down and didn’t catch the ball for an easy hoop on that one play later in second half and 2) He missed the layup when he got softly fouled when up 1, blowing the and one.

I didn’t think he’d go 0-fer at the line because he’s been decent there for awhile.

This is sort of true, the main issue he is having is he's just not catching the ball cleanly, this is KILLING US, if he had a pair of hands he would have had at least 3 uncontested dunks, he's always bobbling the ball and not catching it cleanly, he also needs to stop trying to lay the ball up and Dunk the ball, if he could do this our offense would score at least 4-6 points more per game i believe

He just doesn’t seem ready to catch the ball! Get those hands up and keep them up! They’re completely useless down!

I was livid that 1) he had his hands down and didn’t catch the ball for an easy hoop on that one play later in second half and 2) He missed the layup when he got softly fouled when up 1, blowing the and one.

I didn’t think he’d go 0-fer at the line because he’s been decent there for awhile.

i thought he played soft for the majority of the game and absolutely killed us by not catching passes cleanly and not going up with it when he would get it close to the hoop, that being said I'm so happy he was able to knock down some big free throws for us, by all accounts he is a really good kid and he works hard so its a very nice feeling to see this young man have success even when things weren't going his way for the majority of the game

I thought he was going to make all 4 free throws at the end. I don't mean that I hoped he would. I was genuinely surprised when he missed the 4th one.

There are some bigs who just go to the line with a look that everyone can see. A look of uncertainty. Maybe it's the goggles, but Chukwu doesn't have that look. He's arguably the most confident 65% free throw shooter ever.

He had a pretty poor game up until those FTs

so frustrating becuase some games his hands are fine but others (tonight) he can't catch a pass or hold onto a rebound

He’s definitely far from a polished player but the poor kid’s back is killing him. Have you ever tried to run, jump, extend with a bad back? Ouch. He is what he is and like Sidibe it’s tough to evaluate injured players. I do know that Az St’s two biggest players inside, Shibel and Lake combined for 2 points, 5 rebounds, 6 fouls, 3 blocks in 26 minutes when they decided to go smaller and quick. Chukwu had 5 points, 9 rebounds , 3 fouls, 1 block in 34 minutes and was able to make ft’s in a game changing, pressure packed situation. Good for him and us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom