chinese basketball | Syracusefan.com

chinese basketball

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ion-became-the-hot-destination-for-nba-talent

Not a bad living guys

This season, the CBA has its biggest and most talented American roster across the board, for one because the league added an 18th team, the Sichuan Blue Whales. In addition to Marbury, who recently signed a three-year deal with the Beijing Ducks, the top imports include Earl Barron, Bobby Brown, Donte Greene, Hamed Haddadi, Ivan Johnson, Darius Johnson-Odom, Johan Petro, Shavlik Randolph, Josh Selby, Sebastian Telfair (Marbury's cousin), Von Wafer, Delonte West and Shelden Williams.

They're all earning between high six figures and $2 million net this season, according to Curtin and Haylett. For the other lesser-known players, the minimum pay is around $350,000 net.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ion-became-the-hot-destination-for-nba-talent

Not a bad living guys

This season, the CBA has its biggest and most talented American roster across the board, for one because the league added an 18th team, the Sichuan Blue Whales. In addition to Marbury, who recently signed a three-year deal with the Beijing Ducks, the top imports include Earl Barron, Bobby Brown, Donte Greene, Hamed Haddadi, Ivan Johnson, Darius Johnson-Odom, Johan Petro, Shavlik Randolph, Josh Selby, Sebastian Telfair (Marbury's cousin), Von Wafer, Delonte West and Shelden Williams.

They're all earning between high six figures and $2 million net this season, according to Curtin and Haylett. For the other lesser-known players, the minimum pay is around $350,000 net.
I should know this but I don't - why is their salary tax free?? I thought you could only exclude around $100,000..

Not a bad living guys

Too bad Jonny Flynn's continued injury issues prevented him from sticking with Sichuan...

if you can ball at all, you can spend your 20s and early 30s traveling the world with stops in Finland, Spain, Greece, China, the Philippines. You can live well the entire time and still retire with a couple of million in the bank. All that travel and cultural exposure is a better education than a 4 year degree in Child and Family Studies, or whatever the preferred "major" is for current college ballers.

if you can ball at all, you can spend your 20s and early 30s traveling the world with stops in Finland, Spain, Greece, China, the Philippines. You can live well the entire time and still retire with a couple of million in the bank. All that travel and cultural exposure is a better education than a 4 year degree in Child and Family Studies, or whatever the preferred "major" is for current college ballers.
and they can still get a degree in consumer studies when they're washed up

I knew one person that had a BS in Home Economics from Florida State. Yes, Home Ec. An yes it was a Bachelor of Science degree. Whaaa???

I knew another person who had a degree in Recreation from Michigan.

The first one chaps me. Hell I don't even think they should give a BS for Chemistry! (tongue is in cheek a little bit for you chemical kooks out there, but you really should have studied Physics instead of just mixing up potions for 4 years)

It's amazing that more people just don't get it.

It's amazing that more people just don't get it.

Maybe I don't get it - what currently prevents a high school phenom not going the college route and heading to China, Europe or the D league? Why don't they do it? Why do these kids choose to go to college and then go to China, Europe etc?

Maybe I don't get it - what currently prevents a high school phenom not going the college route and heading to China, Europe or the D league? Why don't they do it? Why do these kids choose to go to college and then go to China, Europe etc?

Most of them at least have to prove themselves against decent competition. Plus in a lot of cases going to college even if it is for a year could be the first time being away from home. Makes it a little easier to move to a different country. But mostly they have to prove themselves.

Brandon Jennings did it, but you need the pro teams overseas to want to take a kid right out of HS as well. Let's face it not too many businesses are going to bring in 18-19 year old employees from another country and pay them six figures.

Brandon Jennings did it, but you need the pro teams overseas to want to take a kid right out of HS as well. Let's face it not too many businesses are going to bring in 18-19 year old employees from another country and pay them six figures.

Unless you are the elite of the elite I don't think too many High Schoolers would have the opportunity. Even being able to find HS game tapes for the ability of scouting could be a project. Plus a lot of the time HS competition is so inferior unless you are a super freak like Lebron you don't know how that will transfer over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom