Chino | Syracusefan.com

Chino

T

tee1222

put on the big boy pants today. I thought he rebounded well and aside from the block he had, certainly altered a few shots into wild misses in the low post. Well done and welcome! Good to know he has the potential to hold up the fort cause this won't be the last time this season. I thought I saw him do the "Keita" at one point too, hands straight up, super tight on the offensive player, not even letting a shot go up.

Tonight was a great opportunity for him to get some trust from Coach B, maybe he earned a couple of minutes in PT against some stiffer ACC teams and if nothing more give our work horse RC a rest.

Today was a day where he not only had opportunity, but where we NEEDED him to come through. All things considered, he had a pretty good night. I know it won't necessarily reflect in the statistics, but he must have played 10+ minutes, and came through with Rak saddled with foul trouble.

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-20_21-47-19.png
    upload_2015-1-20_21-47-19.png
    330 bytes · Views: 102
I was happy with the way he played. Lets be real and not all expect that from him every game tho. BC is the weakest team SYRACUSE will see down low the rest of the year other than VT

If he wasn't so slow latterally he could be ready for 6-10 minutes a game every game.

I thought he wasn't very good. He did stay out of foul trouble, but BC players went around him like he was a tree trunk on defense, he never boxed out, was reaching on D, and on his only positive play (o reb kick out that led to points) he got away with an over the back.

I thought Chino did a solid job holding his own. I was surprised BC didn't seem to try to take advantage of the situation more. But it was a solid step forward for Chino and definitely an improvement over racking up the fouls so quickly against FSU. Now I don't want to see him have to play 15 minutes against Okafor or Harrell but hopefully he can maybe give Rak 5 or so minutes or rest each half.

I thought Chino did a solid job holding his own. I was surprised BC didn't seem to try to take advantage of the situation more. But it was a solid step forward for Chino and definitely an improvement over racking up the fouls so quickly against FSU. Now I don't want to see him have to play 15 minutes against Okafor or Harrell but hopefully he can maybe give Rak 5 or so minutes or rest each half.

I don't see Rak coming out of a game for 10 minutes [barring foul trouble]. But I'd settle for maybe 4-5 minutes in the FIRST half of a game. Even that would be a step forward.

I don't see Rak coming out of a game for 10 minutes [barring foul trouble]. But I'd settle for maybe 4-5 minutes in the FIRST half of a game. Even that would be a step forward.

Good point. I started to rethink that after I typed it. I agree 5 in the first half would be solid.

He was alright and certainly improved from some other short stints he has had. He does have a wide body and takes up space down there. That said lateral quickness and reaction time don't look like they will cut it at this point against better competition or teams that actually attack the rim. He can improve with better footwork, quickness drills and simply knowing when and where to be but I'm unsure how much that will happen this year. I see us hiding his defense by using him in short stints if we use him. BC really only attacked the rim on wild out of control drives by the guards and the occasional offensive rebound. All in all I was glad that Chino was able to come in and not crap the bed when we need him as well as show some rebounding chops and effect a few shots. That's all I'm asking for from him and in most games its likely to be more like a 3/4 min stretch than 10+ so although I'm not flying high on him I am optimistic that he can give Rak a breather here and there moving forward when its needed.

Maybe allow Rak to play better D in the first half and not worry about getting 2 fouls. Rak's D at Clemson looked the worse since last year. It looked like he was afraid to do it in order not to foul and look what that lead to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom