Chip Brown - Orangebloods | Syracusefan.com

Chip Brown - Orangebloods

ejz555

2nd String
Revised_Chip_normal.jpg

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

by rivalsdotcom

Sources tell Orangebloods.com Notre Dame will decide in 60 days if it will move non-fball sports out of Big East (possibly to Big 12).
1 hour ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Revised_Chip_normal.jpg

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

by PLamRecruiting

Sources tell Orangebloods.com West Va has slight edge on Louisville to replace Missouri in Big 12. Mizzou decision to leave could come Mon.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Enough of chip brown already. Has he been right once?

Sources say something may or may not happen in 2 months!

How will we sleep?!?!

Sources say something may or may not happen in 2 months!

How will we sleep?!?!
Lol the great part of his statement? No matter what he can claim he right. If ND moves, he can say, "see I told you so." if they don't he can say the same thing. More or less, he said nothing but got attention for it.

So ND fans are going to travel to reeking cow towns like Lubbock, Ames and Stillwater, etc?
Its laughable.

Better chance of easter bunny named B12 commis.

So ND fans are going to travel to reeking cow towns like Lubbock, Ames and Stillwater, etc?
Its laughable.

Better chance of easter bunny named B12 commis.

Ames is probably the closest campus at only a 7.5 hour drive.
Lubbock's only a 20:15 drive. Great for field hockey.

Their current travels include Orlando at 19.5 hrs, Providence at 15 hours, Syracuse at 10 hours, but also a bunch at 5 hours or less.

Distances are less than ideal for either conference... they must fly practically everywhere. From a "fan" standpoint, other than hoops, do any of them (other than parents) travel to any away games? I would expect to find larger ND alumni populations in BE locations than Big XII locations

...not so incomprehensible...Notre Dame is going to want out of the BE whatever it is...the Big 12 may be the only conference that allows ND to remain independent in football...note that Texas and the Texas network is there...with unequal revenue sharing (althought got a bit more sharing recently)...this conference would allow ND to keep its contract ect with NBC and to remain football independent.

The ACC has supposedly turned down Notre Dame coming on board for all sports sans football...I blieve that Notre Dame's best choice is the ACC...so maybe something gets worked out...ACC lets them keep NBC contract for next few years until it runs out and then joins 100% for football....this has been shot down already...but I think it still has legs--good for both the ACC and Notre Dame

Chip Brown is the mouthpiece for the Texas Longhorns. Take what he says with a huge grain of salt as it invariably has a Texas lean to it. In this case, Texas is telling ND that the B12 would be open to allowing them as members with their current set-up.

As for the 60 days, that's about where I'd place the over/under for the Big East's survival as a stand-alone football conference.

I was talking to an alumni of ND last night that is actually from South Bend, and he basically said that the hesitancy for ND to join the Big 10 has always been that there are so many alums on the East Coast. They like to go back to South Bend for games, but like having other games away from the mid-west. Big 12? How does that fit into that logic?

He also said there's been more scuttlebutt/reassurance from the administration to alums that they are watching the landscape, etc. His feeling was that the ACC makes the most sense from what he hears and what he has always known about the alumni and what they like/want. That being said, he said it's going to be hard to get certain alums that donate a lot of money on board. Others recognize that they might not be in the cat bird seat forever, and it might be evolving into a now or never type situation for them.

ND will be in the ACC by 2014 in some form or fashion. They are just playing out the clock right now. The system is changing and the Big East is in hospice right now. I have no doubts about this and everyone i speak to from ND has already prepared themselves for full football conference membership. I think this notion that every ND fan/alum is against conference play is old thought. Nothing lasts forever.

The B12 could make itself a power if the added UConn, RU, WV, Louisville, and Cincy for all sports and ND for all but FB.

B12 FB divisions
OU, Texas, Cincy, RU, ISU, UConn, KU
Okie St, K St, Tech, WV, Baylor, TCU, Louisville

OU and Texas won't want to be in separate divisions as it will either make one team have 2 Ls on the season or both teams have 1 L. Pretty hard for them both to make the BCS having to play twice a year. So stick them together and then load up the other side to keeps things competitively balanced. At least one of those teams in the opposite division should be good in a given year.

B12 BBall divisions
North- KU, ND, ISU, K St, TCU
East- UConn, Louisville, WV, Cincy, RU
South- OU, Texas, Okie St, Tech, Baylor

That is a pretty good BBall set up.

I was talking to an alumni of ND last night that is actually from South Bend, and he basically said that the hesitancy for ND to join the Big 10 has always been that there are so many alums on the East Coast. They like to go back to South Bend for games, but like having other games away from the mid-west. Big 12? How does that fit into that logic?

He also said there's been more scuttlebutt/reassurance from the administration to alums that they are watching the landscape, etc. His feeling was that the ACC makes the most sense from what he hears and what he has always known about the alumni and what they like/want. That being said, he said it's going to be hard to get certain alums that donate a lot of money on board. Others recognize that they might not be in the cat bird seat forever, and it might be evolving into a now or never type situation for them.

Great point.

ND is not going anywhere near the Big 12. Its BS propaganda from Texas..trying to leverage the Big East FB teams that it plans to invite. They want these BE teams to enter the conference with less than a full share.

Right now, whichever team gets the nod as #10, has at least a moderate amount of leverage. Texas doesn't want the world knowing that the conference needs to go to 12 teams (it does eventually) and wants to preserve a bigger piece of the pie for themselves. That's why they're charading this "we only need 10" BS. They can do that for a year, maybe two, but they want the B12 championship game and more content for the TVs.

Its a game of chicken - they want Lville and Cincy (#11 and #12) on some type of probationary membership. They know they can't do this with WVU (#10).

The thing with ND is to make the entire league think its about to dissolve - immediately.

Ames is probably the closest campus at only a 7.5 hour drive.
Lubbock's only a 20:15 drive. Great for field hockey.

Their current travels include Orlando at 19.5 hrs, Providence at 15 hours, Syracuse at 10 hours, but also a bunch at 5 hours or less.

Distances are less than ideal for either conference... they must fly practically everywhere. From a "fan" standpoint, other than hoops, do any of them (other than parents) travel to any away games? I would expect to find larger ND alumni populations in BE locations than Big XII locations

Dude, its not the trip, its where it ends... ND is not going to B12 ever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom