Chris Elmore | Syracusefan.com

Chris Elmore

Nahson

Your best friend
Was he voted a captain for the rest of the year like Mikel Jones? I hope so. Always thought this revolving door of weekly captains was the dumbest approach. Solidify leadership. I attribute that to the lack of leadership this team has demonstrated for years

Attachments

• 68C128D1-212D-4E46-9BE9-091096EBDDFA.jpeg
    68C128D1-212D-4E46-9BE9-091096EBDDFA.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 116
Was he voted a captain for the rest of the year like Mikel Jones? I hope so. Always thought this revolving door of weekly captains was the dumbest approach. Solidify leadership. I attribute that to the lack of leadership this team has demonstrated for years

They've done the weekly thing for the first X games each season, for quite some time now.

I'm pretty sure for all of Dino's tenure.
2018 included.

Then, they VOTE for the Captains, who are then in those positions for the remainder of the season.

Such a stupid approach. Just don’t have captains if you don’t think there is value to have 4-5 respected players who can not only represent the team but be a liaison between players and coaches. Such a waste.

There is a gameday reason to have captains. Captains are allowed to have decision making ability and discussions with referees if I’m not mistaken. At least, It used to be that way, not sure if that’s changed.

I’ve always been amazed at how most teams - not talking about SU, or even college football - pick the biggest boneheads on their teams to be captains. 80% of the time, the captains are the players who will give you the most problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom