Chris Kluwe -- Deadspin editorial | Syracusefan.com

Chris Kluwe -- Deadspin editorial

whiny yes. Not sure that the ultimate move wasn't based on economics for similar performance. However it is very likely that the decision was made much easier for the organization. If what he claims was said by the Special teams coach in this day and age, it will be damaging to this guys career. I don't know if the NFL as a whole is prepared for these types of situations quite yet.

whiny yes. Not sure that the ultimate move wasn't based on economics for similar performance. However it is very likely that the decision was made much easier for the organization. If what he claims was said by the Special teams coach in this day and age, it will be damaging to this guys career. I don't know if the NFL as a whole is prepared for these types of situations quite yet.

Kluwe was due $1.45M in 2013 vs a rookie minimum of $405K. The guy who replaced him kicked nearly exactly Kluwe's career averages in his career at UCLA. To me, if you can save a million bucks on a punter, it's a no brainer.

What about his 1st amendment rights????

(I'm being sarcastic)

Is what it is. I believe the Vikings probably felt Klewe = Good Punter + Distraction + Money. Rookie Punter = Possibly Good Punter + No distraction + Cheaper. I don't believe the Vikings are being cowards for doing what's best for their business. The special teams coach being a POS, I'm not surprised.

If you have the opportunity to pay a mediocre punter who stirs up controversy the vet min, you HAVE to take it.

And with that said, he is a great writer and a great guy.