Chris Kyle... Please read, thx in advance.. | Syracusefan.com

Chris Kyle... Please read, thx in advance..

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Reaching out to my CUSE friends on something close to me!
We lost an tremendous American Hero and friend of mine last weekend here in Dallas. Chris was a highly decorated NAVY Seal and author of American Sniper. Please read the attached petition and help us honor our friend and US Patriot. Thanks in advance for reading gang. Ted

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...hris-kyle-uss-chris-kyle/0zr2VlcB#thank-you=p

AF Taps.jpg

Kyle was a glorified assassin who chose to bring attention to himself through his book. Adm. Pybus was correct to question his judgement last year when Kyle decided to cash in.

A glorified assassin? What a simple minded view.

Kyle was a glorified assassin who chose to bring attention to himself through his book. Adm. Pybus was correct to question his judgement last year when Kyle decided to cash in.

You are wrong wrong wrong. He sacrificed his life for his duty to the United States and our freedom that everyone takes for granted. His job was a sniper which he did really well to protect our country and fellow troops. He is a hero and even died trying to help a fellow soldier with PTSD.

His book may be disturbing but it deals with his and his family's sacrifice as a military family just as much as it deals with his kills. A lot of people write books about their work and he is no different. RIP

You are wrong wrong wrong. He sacrificed his life for his duty to the United States and our freedom that everyone takes for granted. His job was a sniper which he did really well to protect our country and fellow troops. He is a hero and even died trying to help a fellow soldier with PTSD.

His book may be disturbing but it deals with his and his family's sacrifice as a military family just as much as it deals with his kills. A lot of people write books about their work and he is no different. RIP

It's unfortunate that some people envision that this extraordinary man was systematically and deliberately eliminating women, children, the infirmed, and elderly without prejudice while they were all dancing around the maypole while in the service of his country. Most would be fortunate to at least approach the character and patriotism that this man exuded. His generousity in attempting to further help our wounded off the battlefield just adds more in my mind.

As much as I like freedom of speech, something like this needs to be kept to yourself, not posted here. Only fear I have that I have is that this thread will turn into a some battle of words and will cause problems.
This thread needs to be kept clean as to show respect to someone who served.

And yes this is directed at elkeed...Not directed at OP.

Thanks for all the supportive words. Chris was one of the most humble and generous people around. I won't dignify what "elkeed" wrote. If any of you guys knew him, it would have all made you better. The book was written to help support families of fallen SEALS. He was killed helping yet another veteran. He probably deserved a few congressional medals of honor, but he would never except them, not his style.

The post was merely meant to make aware of our efforts to honor him. If you support us,we applaud, if you don't I respect.

Thx!

Gentlemen, I realize snipers perform a critical function on the battlefield. However, laying in camouflage cover to eliminate unknowing enemy combatants is by definition assassination. He did his job extraordinarily well. But it was as close to murder as is legally possible.

If you doubt this, then why are snipers universally hated by military men throughout the world? And if captured, are not afforded the respect of their enemy.

Gentlemen, I realize snipers perform a critical function on the battlefield. However, laying in camouflage cover to eliminate unknowing enemy combatants is by definition assassination. He did his job extraordinarily well. But it was as close to murder as is legally possible.

If you doubt this, then why are snipers universally hated by military men throughout the world? And if captured, are not afforded the respect of their enemy.

Go away...please...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

elkeed, this may be time for you to walk away for a bit....Go look at some JLH pictures.

The OP is trying to honor his DEAD friend. You know, the one actually MURDERED last week, exactly meeting the legal definition. Probably not the time to share your opinions on the morality of war and those who fight it.

Please go back to syracuse.com.

Snipers are "universally hated by military men" because they are extremely hard to defend against. If they are so "hated" then why does every military around the world employ some type of sniper within their ranks - because they are effective.

Since you are defining words, according to Oxford dictionaries, which far predates any Americanized dictionary, the definition of assassinate is: the act of assassinating someone. The definition of assassinate is: murder (an important person) for political or religious reasons. If you want to look at the the Americanized definition, the Oxford dictionary adds one small part that may bolster your statement: murder (an important person) in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons. But this still does not come close to your "definition."

Someone successful at something should have the right to write a book about themselves - it is done by millions of people who have worked in many different careers, why should it be frowned upon by someone in the military. And anyone in the military who complains about him writing an autobiography should also complain about Schwarzkopf, Patton, and countless others who assisted with authors who wrote biographies about them so they could cash in on their experiences. Military personnel are poorly paid so I have no problem with him writing an autobiography to make some money, especially considering that in times of war our military sacrifice so many things including time away from family, seeing things many could not imagine and stand a much higher chance of being killed than most Americans who enjoy their freedoms because of our military.

I will finish with one more definition for the term "character assassination": the malicious and unjustified harming of a person’s good reputation. You may know Chris Kyle so I cannot say you don't. In all likelyhood you don't, so how do you know what kind of man he is. Just like kids do in the spelling bee oxford provides a good sentence that helps describe the use of the term: All too often they discredit themselves by engaging in character assassination.

This "glorified assassin" voluntarily served this great nation. He went to combat for this great nation. He followed orders given to him from the leaders of the best military in the world, and saved countless American lives by providing over watch, and taking out men who consider killing Americans their life mission. Do you think he enjoyed it all? this man felt pain every day of his life. Probably every night as he slept he dealt with the memories of killing men that would have killed him in a heartbeat if they had the chance. Every night that I lay in bed next to my wife, I thank god that there are men out there as brave as Kyle. Men like him are why I'm still able to lay in my bed.

The man was a hero. And if he were alive today and you saw him on the street you wouldn't call him a "glorified assassin" you would call him Sir, and you would thank him for his service.

elkeed, in which branch did you serve?

He engaged men with AK47's and RPG's tactically moving on our troops to ambush friendly forces. He saved countless lives. Many Soldiers and Marines owe their ass to Chris Kyle. Stick to what you know because it certainly isn't combat.

Umm OK? I take it you never served your Country?

He engaged men with AK47's and RPG's tactically moving on our troops to ambush friendly forces. He saved countless lives. Many Soldiers and Marines owe their ass to Chris Kyle. Stick to what you know because it certainly isn't combat.

Very well said.

Back to what is really important...and what this thread was meant to be about...I have signed and posted the link to my Facebook...