Christian White transferring to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Christian White transferring to Syracuse

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Christian White @cdwhite54 Follow
Proud to officially announce I have signed and will continue to play basketball at Syracuse University!! #CUSENATION
6:17 PM - 16 Jun 2014
33 Retweets 90 favorites

Christian White, who helped Aquinas reach the NYSPHSAA Class AA final as a senior, is making the move from Monmouth to Syracuse, where he'll sit next season and then have two years of eligibility left.
White was one of four underclassmen Monmouth announced in April were leaving the program, coached by former Binghamton great King Rice.

The 5-foot-10 White played sparingly in 16 games last winter after a promising freshman season in which he played in 28 games, averaged 3.5 points a game and hit on a team best 42 percent of his 3-point attempts.
http://www.newyorksportswriters.org...t-christian-white-syracuse.shtml#.U5_oHVvD_mI

He has to be a walk on. If not we are taking him over Thomas Bryant...Don't think so.

Last edited:
I'm sure one of our recruiting experts could weigh in on this. Francis, any thoughts on this news? I would think if they were taking a transfer it would be someone with a strong chance of eventually contributing. Happy for the kid, but don't see the value added for SU. He certainly won't scare away our typical recruits.

In the grand tradition of Ethan Cole cue Igor's thread declaring this guy to be second coming of the General and second greatest player in the ESPN era.

I'm sure one of our recruiting experts could weigh in on this. Francis, any thoughts on this news? I would think if they were taking a transfer it would be someone with a strong chance of eventually contributing. Happy for the kid, but don't see the value added for SU. He certainly won't scare away our typical recruits.
:)
Hey seriously, welcome aboard! I'm sure the staff knows what they want to do with the roster. Talent has been outstanding for decades. No worries at all.

What? This better not be taking up a scholie that keeps us from getting Bryant of Jones. Never even heard of him before.

Walk on for sure. He couldn't even start for Monmouth, one of the worst teams in D1 basketball last year.

Madbiker said:
What? This better not be taking up a scholie that keeps us from getting Bryant of Jones. Never even heard of him before.

JB might not have even thought of that.

I know Donna updated to say JB told he White is a walk-on, but scholarship doesn't have to be renewed so JB could absolutely put this kid on for next year for APR purposes without impacting 2015-16 numbers.

Full_Rebar said:
I know Donna updated to say JB told he White is a walk-on, but scholarship doesn't have to be renewed so JB could absolutely put this kid on for next year for APR purposes without impacting 2015-16 numbers.

Absolutely.

5-10, huh? When I played, I was 5-11 but the program said 6-1. :)

Matt Tomaszewski transferred here from the University of Tampa too. Talk about overreactions.

Seems like a smart kid. Transfer to Syracuse on your Junior academic year in order to complete your degree. Have one year of eligibility left when he gets his degree so he can stick around and pick up a Masters for free.

Matt Tomaszewski transferred here from the University of Tampa too. Talk about overreactions.
he was clearly a walk on from a D3 school and people were very excited to have a 6'8 walk on

ill bet. he's a dean's list student' a good shooter and a class act. when u can lose everything u need a cast coming back that can teach the rookies what's up

You know it's summer when there's multiple threads about a marginal D1 player. I'll be shocked if one, he gets a full ride to play basketball and 2, he gets any significant playing time ever.
He better be as quick as Michael Edwards or can shoot the ball really well for him to find a place on the court.

Nolan Hart and Russ DeRemer got scholarships, so it wouldn't be that surprising if White was given one at some point. All about the APR