Christmas... | Syracusefan.com

Christmas...

CiscoCuse

2023 Cali Award Winner Regular Season Record
First a win is a win is a win...26-1 I love it!
The question I have is why does Christmas start and then removed after 2 minutes... That is...why start Christmas?
Did JB say when he recruited him that he would start? even today after KJ got in foul trouble Sutherland came in to fill the time.

I think both Rak and MCW will get more minutes in the next two games. And then not get more than 2 minutes each in the final two games of the regular season.

Cheers,
Neil

No inside info...but I have to believe that any highly rated recruit (top 15ish) gets experience with the starters for a certain amount of time - a time determined based on how they perform. Think about it...its easy for a head coach to insert a player that needs development when the score is 0-0. It is much harder to do when the team is losing...or on a streak as the HC wouldnt want to disrupt the chemistry.

So we can pad our meaningless bench point stats by having CJ as a bench player. Does JB think Christmas is so bad that he can't play 4 minutes each half and contribute something? I guess so.

Coach says he starts him to see what he has that game, he plays well then he stays in - if he doesn't start he would never get in a game, ever.

First a win is a win is a win...26-1 I love it!
The question I have is why does Christmas start and then removed after 2 minutes... That is...why start Christmas?
Did JB say when he recruited him that he would start? even today after KJ got in foul trouble Sutherland came in to fill the time.

Well, he does the center jump, which he rarely wins, so I guess that's something

Many of us predicted pre-season that CJ would start and he certainly gets starter's minutes. At this point, CJ should be starting but I guess JB likes to bring him off the bench...and then keep Rak on the pine for the rest of the game.

Rak is clearly the 10th man at this point. He starts but he's the 10th man. That's OK, too. This team is deep and the frosh will wait their turn. It is a rare luxury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom