Christmas | Syracusefan.com

Christmas

OttoMets

Living Legend
When's the last time we had a big man who led the team in scoring for a game? Got to be three seasons, I would guess.

Indiana State during Rick Jackson's senior year, maybe?

Anyway, Rakeem's talented enough; this has been the case for a long time. He just needs touches. We could get used to having five scorers on the floor at all times.

Rakeem has shown definitive improvement on the offensive end. Not that he'll ever be a big scorer, but he's rounding into form as a competent one who can at least capitalize on the opportunities that present themselves.

Rak showed what he is capable of doing today. I think he is starting to get a bit meaner.

Rak showed what he is capable of doing today. I think he is starting to get a bit meaner.
He sure seems to really be fighting for position on offense for the whole game.

I just read that JAB told Rak that he played his worst half of the season at halftime and he didn't make one good defensive play not one rebound. Ouch.

That said I saw far more from Rak today than BMK who I thought was just downright awful.

Rak is his own worse enemy. Everyone on this board sees what he can be. Tonight he played very well but could have had a monster game. JB took a time out with 30 secs to play in the half and drew up a play for a Xmas dunk, but he missed it and EMU got a runout. JB was livid. In the opening few minutes of the 2nd half , CJ flashed to the foul line (A designed play at halftime since I've never seen it run) And threw a pass where Rak was suppose to be but Rakeem was standing still, not cutting to the hoop. In the span of two minutes EMU was back in the game. If Rak did what he should of JB wouldn't be screaming at him. BMK also caught the brunt of JB early in 2nd half because of his sloppy hands on the same play. All of our centers have a tendency to screw up easy offensive sets and it's alarming at times. At crunch time they should be the seventh option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom