Chukwu Gonna be a Monster Next Yr | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu Gonna be a Monster Next Yr

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
-He made so much progress this season. Put 15 pounds of muscle on him and work on strengthening his hands and he will be a force. Have to teach him to stay vertical when contesting shots and not lean into the shooter. That will cut down on his fouls.

- Marek improved so much from the beginning of the year too. He will be even better next year. Work on that outside shot.

- Bazley is going to give us a dynamic 6'9 scoring forward. Replica of a young Derrick Coleman.

Next season will be fun.

So happy for Chewy. I thought that he became a force in March. I believe he will make a significant leap next year.

if the killer b's come back my god we are gonna be LOADED. maybe we can get lucky for once with guys coming back

This just never happens for us. We lose the people we figured were going to leave..and then there is always some wild card that be gone.

Can't wait for Monster Paschal
image.jpg

I have to say, Chukwu started out being scary to watch and worked hard all season, til the end when he was fun to watch. Yeah, he still dropped passes he shouldn't have, committed fouls he shouldn't have, and came down with balls when he should have gone up. But he slowly, painstakingly improved in all of those areas, until I really started looking forward to him getting fed the ball down low, and to what he was going to do next.

He improved greatly from the charity stripe, due to hard work and consistent practice.

His shot blocking was good and got even better as the season rolled on.

As has already been said, a few more pounds, several hundred more reps in practice, and another year playing with his teammates and it's monster Chukwu time.

Good for him, and good for us!

-He made so much progress this season. Put 15 pounds of muscle on him and work on strengthening his hands and he will be a force. Have to teach him to stay vertical when contesting shots and not lean into the shooter. That will cut down on his fouls.

- Marek improved so much from the beginning of the year too. He will be even better next year. Work on that outside shot.

- Bazley is going to give us a dynamic 6'9 scoring forward. Replica of a young Derrick Coleman.

Next season will be fun.

No offense to DC, but - DBaze has a LOT more ball skills coming in than DC did.
DC as a Senior was like a 6'9" 240lb PG at times, he'd gotten so good - but he didn't come in w/ those ball skills.
Bazley handles like a guard NOW. He's smaller/slighter than DC by a lot, but he's got remarkable skills for a 6'9" dude.
I'd say the better 'Cuse Forward comparison is Billy Owens (only much skinnier, of course).

He reminds me a little of Danny Schayes. His best years are coming.

To those saying these sort of things over the season:

Frank is the reason we lost..well, we came within 4 pts of beating who may be the champs. His toughness and defense were positives. I would argue we are better with than without him. Ok...he's not a pure pg. Who on the team should have replaced him?

Chukwu doesn't belong in P5 conference...one of our worst Cs ever...yet

Battle is not NBA material

Marek is not good enough

Briss...can't shoot or finish.

JB...game has passed him by

So considering all this, how in the holy hanna did this team get in the tourney, no less come within 4 of getting to the Elite 8? Yet, they did.

So to those 6 or so that think they know everything and can (and should) judge, I am reminded of this:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.