Chukwu played the whole 2nd half on one leg ... | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu played the whole 2nd half on one leg ...

Yeah he looked like he was laboring the last 8 minutes.
Kid was active on the glass and on D.
Plus he was money on the FT line.

Hope he gets treatment tonight and a good night of sleep.

He’s been hurt the last 4 or 5 games. It’s just gotten worse. The kid is a warrior.

He’s been hurt the last 4 or 5 games. It’s just gotten worse. The kid is a warrior.
Yep...he hurt his left knee/leg a couple of weeks ago. He's been gimpy ever sense.

Yep...he hurt his left knee/leg a couple of weeks ago. He's been gimpy ever sense.
What’s the issue? I thought it was his back?

He took a lot of sht and abuse for bad hands when he first came to SU, then the eye injury took him down. But without him we don't even make the tourney, let alone win two games. I like kids like him: you know, they can't do anything but beat you. :)

Last edited:
He has been visibly fighting through pain at times for longer than that. I can't recall him ever looking to the bench to come out either. It's been just a tremendous effort on his part.

Last edited:
What’s the issue? I thought it was his back?
I think he banged knees with another player. Nothing structural.

I didn't know his back was bothering him...but others just pointed that out. Tough kid.

Omg and Howard looks like he brings the ball upcourt with a walker. How the hell can this team even be competitive JBs most gutsy team. They are so tired people thought they did a Denny McClain before game

Omg and Howard looks like he brings the ball upcourt with a walker. How the hell can this team even be competitive JBs most gutsy team. They are so tired people thought they did a Denny McClain before game

Then they do a John McClane during the game.

how did chukwu get poked in the eye thru the goggles ? looked like he was in some corneal discomfort.