Chukwu | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu

Chukwu would be the ideal 5 if we had 4 guys around him who could score. But because of our offensive limitations with the 4 spot we need more from him offensively too. Although his hustle is really good and defensively he has improved so much from last year

Chukwu played fantastic tonight, he’s really came along the past few games. Just has to play a little stronger with the ball, love the way he moves with it though. Goes right up.

Moyer and Chukwu were 6 for 9 tonight. Battle, Howard and Brissett were 17 for 51. Maybe we should set up these guys, include them in the offense occasionally and let them take a few more shots.

Chukwu would be the ideal 5 if we had 4 guys around him who could score. But because of our offensive limitations with the 4 spot we need more from him offensively too. Although his hustle is really good and defensively he has improved so much from last year
Next year Chukwu will be with 4 guys who can all score.

He has two more years after this I’ll take it. He will dominate the ACC

Concur. I think Chukwu and Brissett really suffer because our 4 spot is so god awful. I mean, I'm not going to go crazy and pretend Chukwu would be THAT much better if things opened up for him, but his impact would seem more substantial (as you're saying).

He has two more years after this I’ll take it. He will dominate the ACC
Has it ever been determined he has two more years? Last I heard he was not getting medical red shirt for last year. Would be great to hear he got the medical red shirt.

It's funny how down this whole board was on Chewy before the season started and during the exhibition games. Chewy is a legit defender in the zone and is hustling, rebounding, and playing smart basketball. Hell his free throws are even looking fair.

Chukwu played fantastic tonight, he’s really came along the past few games. Just has to play a little stronger with the ball, love the way he moves with it though. Goes right up.
He's been far better than anyone could have expected after seeing him last season before he was injured.

Concur. I think Chukwu and Brissett really suffer because our 4 spot is so god awful. I mean, I'm not going to go crazy and pretend Chukwu would be THAT much better if things opened up for him, but his impact would seem more substantial (as you're saying).

With Lydon or even with Thompson, we might have been a Top 10 team. Without them we may not be Top Ten in our conference.

With Lydon or even with Thompson, we might have been a Top 10 team. Without them we may not be Top Ten in our conference.
If Thompson were here, Brissett sees far fewer minutes, Dolezaj and Moyer barely see the floor, and the team's defense and rebounding suffer significantly. I'm not sure the uptick in offense would have translated into more wins.

Lydon maybe thompson was maybe the laziest defensive playri have seen at Syracuse. Yeah he woulda scored 17 pnts a game but let 25 by him cause he didnt care to try to play some defense.

If Thompson were here, Brissett sees far fewer minutes, Dolezaj and Moyer barely see the floor, and the team's defense and rebounding suffer significantly. I'm not sure the uptick in offense would have translated into more wins.

I don't see Brissett getting that much less. We would have seen much less of Moyer and Dolezaj. Thompson was showing signs of figuring it out on defense at the end of last year. he was committing fewer fouls, playing more and getting some blocks and steals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom