Chuwku Recovery time | Syracusefan.com

Chuwku Recovery time

20Plus

I don't understand why this hasn't been discussed isn't this what he suffering from Retinal detachment

surgery is normally followed by a short recovery at the hospital before returning home. Patients can often return to normal activity one to two weeks after surgery. Traveling should be avoided for some time, and increases in altitude should be avoided until cleared by the surgeon.

I had detached retina surgery a few years ago. In and out of hospial the same day. For the next seven days I needed to lay on my stomach with my face straight down to help the oil bubble (I think that's what it was) press against the retina. I could only get up to eat and go to the bathroom. Not a fun week at all. The eye in question had a big Black circle in it which diminished a bit each day until it disappeared. My vision has never returned to normal as I had other issues like AMD. Without those other issues I would assume reasonable eyesight would return in about three weeks.

When does one find out if they are granted a 6th year? Do you have to complete the 5th year first, or is there a process for getting some certainty ahead of time?

I don't understand why this hasn't been discussed isn't this what he suffering from Retinal detachment

surgery is normally followed by a short recovery at the hospital before returning home. Patients can often return to normal activity one to two weeks after surgery. Traveling should be avoided for some time, and increases in altitude should be avoided until cleared by the surgeon.

Basketball isn't normal activity though. Amare Stoudemire was out for the season after his retinal reattachment surgery in Feb of 2009. He took at least 2 months (till the season ended) to recuperate from it. He was able to play at the start of the next season. Like you mentioned, plane travel probably complicates and extends recovery time too.

NBA star off the court due to Retinal Detachment

I had detached retina surgery a few years ago. In and out of hospial the same day. For the next seven days I needed to lay on my stomach with my face straight down to help the oil bubble (I think that's what it was) press against the retina. I could only get up to eat and go to the bathroom. Not a fun week at all. The eye in question had a big Black circle in it which diminished a bit each day until it disappeared. My vision has never returned to normal as I had other issues like AMD. Without those other issues I would assume reasonable eyesight would return in about three weeks.
Sounds like the same surgery I had for what was termed a retinal pucker. My corrected vision in that eye will never be better than 20/25 and is complicated by having a prism in the glasses lens for that eye.

Not all people respond the same to retinal surgery. My wife has had several caused at least in part by a genetic issue from her father which predisposes her to weaker attachment to begin with.

Hard to say what Chukwu's problem is.

I read someplace that the concern is ramping up exercise, because the pressure inside the eye increases when you exercise, which is a concern for up to a couple months post surgery. The increased pressure can lead to detachment again if not monitored or managed properly.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Think he will be rocking something like this when its time to come back.

What a crappy thing to say, especially in the circumstances.

And some other putz gave it a like!:bat::vomit:

So he's great at basketball? Or average at basketball?

Thank goodness you're not a talent evaluator.

When does one find out if they are granted a 6th year? Do you have to complete the 5th year first, or is there a process for getting some certainty ahead of time?

Consider that it's the NCAA we are talking about.

He'd probably be better sitting the year out in any case. Who knows what our record will be if and when he comes back and how much difference would he make?