Cigar Store Indians | Syracusefan.com

Cigar Store Indians

G

GoCuse44

The one change I noticed today was Hackett was on the sidelines calling the offensive plays and talking with the players after each series (not that it helped).

The one thing that I loved is Hackett actually shows some emotion on the sidelines. When Provo scored the TD he ran onto the field near the 40 yard line pumping his fist and high fiving each player while Marrone stood with his arms folded as if we had just turned the ball over.

Marrone and the rest of the coaching staff show absolutely no emotion during the games and it seems to be rubbing off on the players. The coaches (with the exception of Hackett) look like a bunch of cigar store indians.

Marrone's lack of visible emotion is to the point of almost being weird. Who wouldn't get emotional while on the sideline?

Marrone's lack of visible emotion is to the point of almost being weird. Who wouldn't get emotional while on the sideline?
I agree. I loved watching Hackett run on the field yelling, pumping his fist, etc. You could see the players reacting to his emotion.

I then looked for Marrone and there he was just standing at the end of the coaching box with his arms folded not saying a friggin thing. I just don't understand what he is thinking.

For the first time in the three years Marrone has been here (and you can read all of my previous posts saying he deserves 5 years) I am beginning to have my doubts if college is the best place for Doug. He may be better suited for dealing with pro athletes instead of 18 - 22 year old kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom