CIl, JerseyOrange, DR52 | Syracusefan.com

CIl, JerseyOrange, DR52

MadNY3

All American
I really hope two of the above three post their long thoughts on the current state of SU Football. (Note: DR52 is likely not realistic, but man would I pay for another chat right about now.)

Fact is with the (ridiculous) performance this weekend, I find myself craving someone with some sort of logical, mega informed insight to counter my f**k f**k f**k state of mind. Even if the say we are SOL for a bit, I dunno..I'll take it.

Here's wishing...

What is the worst thing about all this is the GIANT paradox that is Marrone. He seems to know a ton about FB. He preaches, leadership, responsibility, accountability. We have all these kids who are high character kids and former HS team captains/leaders. Then game day comes and we are disorganized, leaderless, undisciplined, and look like we are outmatched coaching wise. It makes no sense and is so goddamn frustrating. How can anyone not love Marrone M-F and not come away totally impressed? But on Saturday I do not see how anyone can be pleased in the slightest. Why is Marrone seem so perfect M-F but it doesn't translate to the field? Why can't this just work so he can be here 20 years?

What is the worst thing about all this is the GIANT paradox that is Marrone. He seems to know a ton about FB. He preaches, leadership, responsibility, accountability. We have all these kids who are high character kids and former HS team captains/leaders. Then game day comes and we are disorganized, leaderless, undisciplined, and look like we are outmatched coaching wise. It makes no sense and is so goddamn frustrating. How can anyone not love Marrone M-F and not come away totally impressed? But on Saturday I do not see how anyone can be pleased in the slightest. Why is Marrone seem so perfect M-F but it doesn't translate to the field? Why can't this just work so he can be here 20 years?

Maybe, it's simply because Marrone's "seat on the bus" just isn't as a head coach?

because he's not smart enough.