Cincinnati is a helluva rebounding team | Syracusefan.com

Cincinnati is a helluva rebounding team

Felt like that team is made to beat the zone. 3 good perimeter shooters and a big guy that can sit in the middle and pass out of it. We matrix'd like 4 point blank bullets.

We make most teams look like great rebounding teams.

Seemed like they had as much length as we did, was pretty surprised by that.

It felt like they out boarded us by about 25.
I was shocked to find out they only had 8 more boards and only 13 offensive boards. I expected much worse.

They do have length and they are a good rebounding team but too many times our guys were watching their guys get off rebounds. This was one of the worst offensive games I have seen from us. Oy.

They do have length and they are a good rebounding team but too many times our guys were watching their guys get off rebounds. This was one of the worst offensive games I have seen from us. Oy.
we shot 46% overall... i know, shocking right?

Not this year. Case in point Saturday against two of the best rebounders in the country (Dieng and Behanan). I think today was part reduced effort on our part and part Mboj, Jackson and Rubles being tenacious as hell.
and yeah, like rstone said above, they match up pretty good length wise with us

Once JB saw how the rebounding was going, I think that gave him the impetus he needed to play small ball.

Our three centers had 5 rebounds between them with DC2 coming up with zero in his 7 minutes of play.

Cheers,
Neil

we shot 46% overall... i know, shocking right?

For sure. The ball movement and motion on offense was almost non-existent. One pass then shoot.

Felt like that team is made to beat the zone. 3 good perimeter shooters and a big guy that can sit in the middle and pass out of it. We matrix'd like 4 point blank bullets.
Oh yea one of the best rebounding teams we have played. We have been very good rebounding this xear so that shows it that much more

Rocco have u watched our games this year, rebounding is a strength this year. The past yes but not now

I suppose so. Opposing offensive rebounds drive me nuts. It is a downside of the zone an has always been a thorn in the side.

Rocco have u watched our games this year, rebounding is a strength this year. The past yes but not now
Another one of those instances where statistics lie.

Really?

While getting our sea legs, S.D. State edged us by a margin of 41-40.

But then, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries was cut short when we dominated them by 14 boards and won, 45-31.

Princeton slowed it down and sapped the clock but still went down by a score of 27-19.

Colgate lost that battle by 41-31.

We edged Arkansas by a boards score of 37-32.

We beat Eastern Michigan by a margin of 43-32.

Long Beach State crumpled and lost, 50-34.

We doubled up mighty Monmouth, 58-29.

Canisius prevailed by a margin of 33-32--while losing by 24.

Those plucky guys from the Motor City held us to a 32-23 victory in rebounding.

In our team's sole loss this season, we still won the battle of the boards against Temple, 39-38

We squeaked away from Alcorn State by a 36-22 tally.

Central Connecticut kept it pretty close, but eventually succumbed by a margin of 55-29.

Rutgers eked out a "win" on this front, 30-29, while we beat them by 25 at their place.

We took out South Florida 36-26.

We crushed Providence by a margin of 36-22.

Surprisingly, Villanova beat us pretty soundly on the boards, 35-27.

We beat Louisville 35-31.

That's 14-4 through this past weekend, and 14-5 after today. You must be talking about some other season. But Cincy beat us by 33-25 today, so we're admittedly on a bad vector, Victor.

GO ORANGE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom