CJ Fair the newest black hole in the milky way | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair the newest black hole in the milky way

OrangeFoo

All American
I think the next assist he gets will be his first. With all the doubles he draws he needs to start passing a bit.

The odds of CJ making the shot are better than anyone he might pass to.

I think the next assist he gets will be his first. With all the doubles he draws he needs to start passing a bit.
Every play should run through Fair. He is our only real scorer.

He is our best offensive player, but I didn't think that he was good today.

Second game in a row that he's been quiet in the 2nd half.

He is our best offensive player, but I didn't think that he was good today.

Second game in a row that he's been quiet in the 2nd half.
11 of his 19 points have come in the second half. It's not his fault his guards don't try to get him the ball more.

11 of his 19 points have come in the second half. It's not his fault his guards don't try to get him the ball more.

I think he actually scored 10 in the first half, and I typed this before his garbage time 3-pter. He was not good from the FT line, and I thought that he missed a number of good looks, including 2 at the rim.

I think he actually scored 10 in the first half, and I typed this before his garbage time 3-pter. He was not good from the FT line, and I thought that he missed a number of good looks, including 2 at the rim.

Christ.

We have no down low game, our starting Gs go 2-for-10 and 3-for-11 and people are taking time to rag on the one guy that is the ONLY consistent offensive player this year.

Let me repeat that in bold. ONLY.

I agree, when he actually gets the ball he mostly has tunnel vision...and I don't care either. When he gets the ball in good scoring position, I want him shooting. I want him taking 15-20 shots. He's our only consistent offensive threat, he's shooting a good % from the floor and from the line, and if he kicks it out it's only going to result in a brick chucked up by one of the guards.

Christ.

We have no down low game, our starting Gs go 2-for-10 and 3-for-11 and people are taking time to rag on the one guy that is the ONLY consistent offensive player this year.

Let me repeat that in bold. ONLY.

That's great and all, but I'm talking about today's game.

I'm not "ragging " on anyone, just discussing the game.

If CJ wants to shoot from half court blindfolded - I'm okay with that.

May be the single saddest post of my life. But it's true.

Who precisely should he pass it to? Noone but Fair, Southerland or maybe Cooney or Grant should even be allowed to shoot.

That's great and all, but I'm talking about today's game.

I'm not "ragging " on anyone, just discussing the game.

Well...I am talking about Fair being the best offensive threat TODAY and for better and worse ALL SEASON.

I mean, I think Fair was a little disappointing in the Georgetown game and today's game relative to his usual game. Having said that, he is what he is. He's great at scoring within the offense. Not really the kinda guy you can just give the ball to and clear out and let him take over. My one critique of him is more of a critique of the zone offense as a whole. When he gets the ball at the free throw line against the 2-3, he should square up to the hoop and we should have people cutting or something. It should be high-low city. Against Georgetown, he would just catch the ball at the free throw line and dribble back out. Today, he and Southerland just shot the ball any time they caught it at the free throw line.

At this point in the year, I feel like we basically know what we can expect from all of our players besides Triche.

Fair will be Fair. MCW will play pretty well, get teammates involved, shoot the 3 when open and occasionally make a bad shot and make two of those jumping pass-turnovers each game. Southerland will jack up shots basically any time he touches the ball, but he'll shoot a pretty decent percentage from the field anyway.

And then there's Triche. You never know what you're going to get from him, but it seems like we've gotten bad Triche more often than not lately.

Assist to WHO? When CJ catches the pass, who's in a better position to score?

When CJ catches the ball within 15 feet, he should shoot. If he passes we end up with the 3 Stooges passing the ball around the perimeter, and jacking up a 30 footer with the shot-clock running down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom