CJ Fair | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
I am constantly amazed at how under the radar CJ remains. After viewing a couple Michigan boards, it seems like he is nothing more than an afterthought. I mean, he singled handedly changed the momentum of the marquette game with his little lefty dippity-do-dah under the hoop. And this is nothing new. All year CJ has consistently been our top performer.

It just seems like all the talk is about the guards in this matchup, or McGary underneath.

However, it will be CJ yet again who quietly makes a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

images

Has it ever been confirmed that CJ actually stands for Carl Jr?

mcw has been so big in this tourney i would love cj to have a huge game against michigan on the big scene along with another highlight reel dunk.. that gtown dunk will be one of my faves alongside some of the hak dunks.

Remember the iu board breaking down our whole lineup and leaving him off of it? I love it

Interesting. I was in a similar position as a kid. My name is Jeffrey Jr., so people called me JJ.
How about Double J? I think he was a character in Saturday Night Fever.
I'm TT.
Or TJ.
Or T.
Or TnT = dynomite (no, I didn't create that one, too cheesy)
Mr. T (in little league)

My brother has a good one: JT

Their board may underestimate CJ but think their coaching staff might have a bit more knowledge. Lets hope not though!

How about Double J? I think he was a character in Saturday Night Fever.
I'm TT.
Or TJ.
Or T.
Or TnT = dynomite (no, I didn't create that one, too cheesy)
Mr. T (in little league)

My brother has a good one: JT

JT.. just as long as it doesn't have a Jr or III after it ; )

I don't know about Michigan, but CJ will be huge for us if we get to ville. We need him and Mikes slashing ability to slow down Villes press.And Mike and Triche to protect the ball or get fouled against Villes slapping guards so we can expose their real height. Once Ville sits back James is going to torch.
We have a better shot against Ville.

Its going to b fun listening to barkley :blah: about drive and kick. Trevor get your D up.

The fact people don't talk about CJ amazes me. Although people who are knowledgable do. My buddy who is a really good high school basketball coach was watching a game with me this year. He doesn't really follow Syracuse and only likes them because I do. He told me that he has only seen Syracuse 3 times this year but that in his opinion CJ is our best player. He told me he could do everything you would want a kid to do and he is one of the best players in the nation. He thinks that fact that he isn't flashy keeps him below the radar but doesn't really understand why people don't talk about him. I agree with that. I also think part of the thing with CJ is that he is basically can't be stopped but isn't going to drop 30 on you either. The moves he has down low and his medium range jumper are solid so you can't really prevent it without leaving multiple other things open such as James from the perimiter and the guards with driving lanes. So you just let CJ get his 14 points and 7 rebounds.

Bilas was saying during one of the last SU games that he did - that CJ was one of the top players in the nation and the best on our team.

I'd say MCW has had a better tourney so far - but both forwards are due for a break out game.

Seth Greenberg has been complimenting him quite often the past few weeks.