CJ/Rak | Syracusefan.com

CJ/Rak

anomander

Living Legend
These 2 came to play today. Without their performance we would have been in big trouble. Nice to see a nice gritty win like this at a place where we always seem to have problems. You have to like getting Big East road wins like this where you have a terrible shooting night.

You also have to be happy with Fair's consistent performance in big games. He takes some of the easy non-conf games off, but you can assure he's going to come to play when the lights are on. He is turning into our most consistent player. Same goes for Rak. If he gets 30 mins a game like he has since the Big East started you can pencil him in for a solid performance as well. While Fair is the most consistent, Rak is the most critical. He is our only real big, but when is off his leash he will give you 3 or 4 dunks a game, rebounding, block shots, and great defense. My only disappointment tonight was Triche's performance. While Fair is the most consistent, Rak the most critical, we go as Triche goes, and unfortunately he was in one of his lackadaisical modes today. You would think as a senior you could count on him to come out and at least give you a strong effort, but he still comes out lazy on the road a little too often. You could tell within the first 3 minutes that he was going to have a bad game based on his body language. Not to mention this is the 2nd time he made a critical error at the end of the game by making a unnecessary foul. He has been playing great though so we'll just chalk this up as a bad game.

The only negative I take out of this game is our lack of depth. Other then Baye subbing for Rak for 5 minutes the starters played the entire 2nd half. I'm not sure we want this going forward. My main concern is if someone were to get injured/foul trouble in the ncaa tournament. we will have nobody who will be game ready to step in. With that said I can't blame JB here. DC2 just isn't ready yet. I think he could perform in a pinch. At very worse he will give you some rebounding. I also think Grant could play if given the chance as well. I would like to see him a little more when JSouth is having an off game like tonight. Then their is poor Trevor Cooney, who just doesn't have a chance. I am fine with him never being on the court ever again for us. Would rather see JS be the back up guard.

In all another solid road win for the Orange. Hopefully we get a nice crowd for Nova.

I don't think Triche was "lackadasicial" or "lazy", he was just off- unfortunately in a way we've seen before- as you say his body language isn't always tht good. I don't think any of these guys lack for effort but, as young kids, they do lack consistancy. Triche seemed to try to take things over...and failed but I liked that he was willing to try.

I don't think Triche was "lackadasicial" or "lazy", he was just off- unfortunately in a way we've seen before- as you say his body language isn't always tht good. I don't think any of these guys lack for effort but, as young kids, they do lack consistancy. Triche seemed to try to take things over...and failed but I liked that he was willing to try.

I respectfully disagree. It was more soph/jr year Triche tonight where he was much more passive. I like him when he is much more aggressive, attacking the basket. For the most part this year he has been super aggressive, borderline out of control. I don't mind that from him though. He seems like the type of player who is much more into it when he is being productive (like most players), so I like to see when he attacks. People tend to complain that he is out of control, but that's what we need from him this year. I actually thought he was way too passive tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom