CJ = the only steady force on this team. | Syracusefan.com

CJ = the only steady force on this team.

Flacusian

All Conference
Kudo's to CJ for continuing to improve and providing the only consistent play on this team all season. As has been stated here ad nauseum... the kid should get more touches. It would appear at this point that he is the only player on the team that hasn't displayed MK-ulra type brain washing resulting in eliminating all confidence resulting in the complete inability to make a shot.

I think that Cooney at best will be a guy you can have come in and provide some shooting from the 3. Even that remains to be seen. Xmas has shown the all too occasional flash of ability and we can only hope that he brings what we were hoping for this year, next year. Grant was dissed by just handing over his minutes to James when he came back. Grant deserved more minutes for what he provided during James's absence. You've got to wonder about how things like that affect a players psyche especially in view of what has happened to some of our other players mentally as of late.

Coleman has a lot of work to do to become a force and he's another one that you have to wonder about with respect to how his confidence is tethered together.

Outside of the talent aspect of a player are the other tangibles and non tangibles such as their ability to learn, to play together within the parameters of the team philosophy, and their mental toughness and ability to maintain confidence in the face of adversity.

The program also needs to recruit some kids that can shoot! I know some will say that we have recruited kids who can shoot. Perhaps, but where are they now? I certainly don't see any of them. And it's fine if the kid can shoot in High School but what happens when he gets up to this level and then has a crisis in confidence which he can't shoot his way out of.

I will get ripped for this, but I don't think he's been very steady of late. He didn't play well today, and he's been very quiet down the stretch in almost all of our losses in the last month or so, when he was needed the most.

cj was 3-9 from the floor.3 bds 2 tos. played all 40 minutes again. good showing but not great.

I will get ripped for this, but I don't think he's been very steady of late. He didn't play well today, and he's been very quiet down the stretch in almost all of our losses in the last month or so, when he was needed the most.
It's pretty easy to understand why he has been "quiet"(I wish the whole team were as quiet). If nobody else is doing anything, don't you think the opposition is going to key on the only player that might hurt them?

cj was 3-9 from the floor.3 bds 2 tos. played all 40 minutes again. good showing but not great.
Not great but did you see G'town shade to him every time he touched the ball? They knew nobody else could beat them so they keyed on CJ. He forced shots because that were the only shots he was going to get up. It's tough to get stats when the other team is focused on stopping you. Someone else had to step up. Nobody did.

About 25% of our points today- not too shabby. lol

9 points and it's about a quarter of what we scored...holy ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom