Classic Walton | Syracusefan.com

Classic Walton

cameron dollar ? what was that ? does bill think he's still playing and not a coach ?

Last edited:
"I am the monarch of the Sonora desert"

He slammed on Lunardi too, saying something like Joe must be doing somersaults or bouncing around in his office to keep UCLA out of his bracketology. He doesn't know what he's doing!

What I wouldn't have given to be a fly on the wall during Wooden Walton conversations when Bill was in school. The man is like a perpetual stream of consciousness machine, programmed by Hunter S Thomas, based on the principles found in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy . . . probably with mushrooms liberally sprinkled in that mix. Just give that man a mike and let him verbally freestyle.

There is a popular misconception that Pasch or the other guy who does the main PAC-12 Network PBP can’t stand working with Walton. Or that it must be a struggle working with him.

A few weeks ago on Sirius Mark Packer had Pasch on and he asked him about Walton. Really interesting stuff...

Pasch said Walton spends a LOT of time by himself talking with the coaches, visiting the players, touring the facilities, etc.

There is no script. Walton insists on that. His call. At shootaround Pasch and Walton are at different ends of court. Walton takes notes of everything he sees. They never sit together and watch shootaround.

He thinks they have a great relationship and he loves their act together. Enjoys reigning him in at times. Says he knows his stuff. They are friends and they like going to the local campus foodie institutions wherever they go.

I bet he has some cool bongs at home.
I'm sure something befitting a 7 footer
1364393050_l.jpg

kept dropping "conference of champions" every 3rd sentence. mentioned welsh was 2nd best rebounder to some guy from seton hall (guessing delgado) . didn't know his name and didn't recognize p.j. carlisemo either.

What I wouldn't have given to be a fly on the wall during Wooden Walton conversations when Bill was in school. The man is like a perpetual stream of consciousness machine, programmed by Hunter S Thomas, based on the principles found in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy . . . probably with mushrooms liberally sprinkled in that mix. Just give that man a mike and let him verbally freestyle.
The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom