Classless move by Brown | Syracusefan.com

Classless move by Brown

http://cnnsi.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/04/27/larry.brown.smu.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a12&eref=sihp

Basically come in and tell these kids to get lost because they aren't good enough. They probably aren't very good, but recruit over them. Don't just boot them off the team.
why is it classless?they could choose to stay and keep the scholarship. that's very fair. did not doug marrone do the same?it appears to me he was very honest with them and offerred all the help to transfer as well. i would rather have that then to rot on the bench. you have choices and all of them are good

why is it classless?they could choose to stay and keep the scholarship. that's very fair. did not doug marrone do the same?it appears to me he was very honest with them and offerred all the help to transfer as well. i would rather have that then to rot on the bench. you have choices and all of them are good
I didn't take it as allowing them to keep scholly. Looks like they're just booted, could transfer if they want.

The article said that they could remain at the school on scholarship.

Nah, it may still be viewed as classless by some. But, at least the kids have options.

As long as he's not yanking scholarships to give to "his" guys I'm fine with it. Kids can stay at the school they wanted or play ball elsewhere.

Yes, I feel the same way. Brown was hired to win games and he needs players that he feels are up to the task, but it would be a better story if he could coach the existing players up and help them to become a competitive team. Didn't Rick Pitino do that when he first got to Kentucky? Although, he did have Mashburn coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom