Clippers' Wesley Johnson will exercise his $6.1MM player option | Syracusefan.com

Clippers' Wesley Johnson will exercise his $6.1MM player option

great skill player. wish we had him longer. totally disappeared in the clutch. my memories are MEH.....

Good for him...that is some good cash...hopefully he is smart with his money and he will retire nice...

I got to know Wes and his family a bit when he was at SU. They all seemed to be smart people. I am sure the money is being managed very intelligently.

Hopefully he plays well next year and gets another 2-3 year contract.

but his worst case scenario should be play 4-5 years overseas making decent money without touching his NBA money. I assume that is part of Haks Plan.

Hak career NBA earnings: $21,227,942
Wes career NBA earnings *including next year* $31,878,131

Nothing against Wes.

But why is an NBA team giving a player option to a role player. Terrible salary cap management.

They overpaid for him, but I don't think the player option part of the contract is that unusual. It's not only the stars that get player options.

Good for him...that is some good cash...hopefully he is smart with his money and he will retire nice...

I'd have to imagine he'll be okay with his (including this option) 32 million dollars

Nothing against Wes.

But why is an NBA team giving a player option to a role player. Terrible salary cap management.

The Knicks gave Ron Baker a player option. Let that one sink in.

This is his last deal if he doesn't have a good year. Had to take it.

Nothing against Wes.

Is there a salary cap management accounting advantage.

Nothing against Wes.

he was going to get a 3 year deal in any case; making the 3rd a player option is just a little sweetener

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom