Coach Henderson | Syracusefan.com

Coach Henderson

RMH44

All American
Donnie Henderson has done a great job with the DB's. The improvement in the cover skills of the entire unit is very noticeable. With the exception of Shamarko, the entire unit returns and there are some very talented players waiting in the wings. Good things to come.

I wonder if Coach Henderson plans to stick around for another year or two?

He has to stick around until the DB's make 3 pick sixes. Until then, his job is not finished!

He's done a nice job with the kids and hopefully he'll stay for the young guys (freshman) senior year.

His coaching career had bottomed out before Marrone brought him in. Wouldn't be to worried about him leaving just yet.

Good post and 100000% correct. Haven't heard much about him on the recruiting trail, but I know he was the first contact with Isaiah Johnson.

I have no doubt he is teaching the right things but the DB's still don't look for the ball.

I have no doubt he is teaching the right things but the DB's still don't look for the ball.

They are getting better and the complexity of passes make it a very hard thing to teach.

Maybe not all the time, but at least now most receivers are tightly covered.

R Anderson has always been the best tackling CB... but now he might be our best cover guy also. HUGE improvement over the course of this season.

Maybe not all the time, but at least now most receivers are tightly covered.

R Anderson has always been the best tackling CB... but now he might be our best cover guy also. HUGE improvement over the course of this season.

No doubt it just irks me when all the CB had to do was look for the ball a half second earlier and it probably would have been a int or at least a pass breakup.

No doubt it just irks me when all the CB had to do was look for the ball a half second earlier and it probably would have been a int or at least a pass breakup.
Irks me as well. In college it's legal to face guard...if nothing else put your dam hands up.

Reddish and Lyn are our best cover corners, and it isn't even close.

How many different Coach's has SU had in the last 5yrs? I don't see it as a matter of the quality of Coach more a matter of continuity

Irks me as well. In college it's legal to face guard...if nothing else put your dam hands up.

This falls under the category of much easier said than done. The DB's job is already hard enought to cover an elite athlete who knows exactly where he needs to be. To stay with that reciever they have already overcome one major disadvantage. the second is that in doing so he has not had the luxury of watching the quarter back as the receiver can. He needs to rely on seeing the recievers eyes, and body language to know the ball is coming in many instances. This is what can separate the good from great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom