Coach K’s back | Syracusefan.com

Coach K’s back

Wont be hurting next season with all the ridiculous talent they’re reeling in. Something isn’t right here I don’t care who wants to say the recruits go there because they’re Duke.
been that way for years... K and his Kourageous Kids that go to class for 1/1.5 semesters is ridiculous... and why does anyone go there??? if you're not #1,2,3, ok top 20 player in nation, you're sitting the bench... FOREVER... K is dirtier than any one... Pitino, Calipari, Knight, Tarkanian... Duke is no longer an academic institute when it comes to basketball "student" athletes...

Really pretty simple. The top three coming into Duke are all one and done. Why wouldn't they want to get together to try and get a 'ship before they leave?
If you are one of the best, you want to play with the best. Just ask Geno how that works.

Disappointing for us in South Carolina but ---------

If it only was that simple. They get kids like its a video game where you pick and choose your players .

If only Jordan Tucker had stayed. :rolling:

Really pretty simple. The top three coming into Duke are all one and done. Why wouldn't they want to get together to try and get a 'ship before they leave?
If you are one of the best, you want to play with the best. Just ask Geno how that works.

Disappointing for us in South Carolina but ---------

Why not all go somewhere else then? Like somewhere with cooler classmates and prettier girls?

Getting the top 3 recruits is amazing and unprecedented, but I'm not ready to name them champs yet.

The one thing that has held Duke back since K/Capel started landing the one and dones has been defense. Previously, the best Duke teams were the most experienced ones because they could defend extremely well. The Giles/Tatum team that was supposed to be #1 wire to wire lost early in the NCAAs because they couldn't defend anyone. Having Barrett, Reddish, AND Williamson is almost redundant - they are all forwards. Like most Duke teams, they'll score a lot, but we'll see who they can stop

BROTHERHOOD
can that be found in under a year??? I mean, they spend end of august through December together, then back for mid Jan through March/April... can one really form a "BROTHERHOOD" that quickly??? albeit, they do have the "greatest" coach ever, Koach K, but still seems a challenge... just look at this years team... losing several games because they "don't have a bench"...

Zion is a beast and can do some highlight real stuff but I think he is pretty overrated. I prefer Barrett and Reddish. They will be good but it’s not like Zion is the missing piece or something

Anything can happen in a Tourney format. Duke could get bounced early. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have had a very good year or anything crazy like that. They will just reload and business as usual. It’s a given they will play well and be a high seed.

can that be found in under a year??? I mean, they spend end of august through December together, then back for mid Jan through March/April... can one really form a "BROTHERHOOD" that quickly??? albeit, they do have the "greatest" coach ever, Koach K, but still seems a challenge... just look at this years team... losing several games because they "don't have a bench"...

If by "several" you mean two. Also, never heard of a D1 team with a 2 week break over the holiday season. And since you are obviously opinionated, can you state for the record who you think the "greatest" coach ever is?

there's still only 1 ball. at some point we have to start selling playing time (nobody gets more mpg in the ncaa) and spotlight. we get better crowds than duke and one star gets a chance to shine brighter than 5. hello carmelo. i wonder if the exclusive zone D doesn't hurt us somewhat in the recruiting game. i'm damn certain other programs use that point against us.
one thing is for sure. the longer you stay unranked and irrelevant the harder it is to draw top talent.

Last edited:
If by "several" you mean two. Also, never heard of a D1 team with a 2 week break over the holiday season. And since you are obviously opinionated, can you state for the record who you think the "greatest" coach ever is?

Greatest coach ever... hmmmmm, Adolph Rupp is worthy of mention, John Wooden, Lute Olson or Lefty Driesell come to mind... Jim Boeheim is also on the list, but not sure I'd say he is greatest... but, I can't deny Morgan Wooten of DeMatha holds # 1 in my mind...

Greatest coach ever... hmmmmm, Adolph Rupp is worthy of mention, John Wooden, Lute Olson or Lefty Driesell come to mind... Jim Boeheim is also on the list, but not sure I'd say he is greatest... but, I can't deny Morgan Wooten of DeMatha holds # 1 in my mind...

It is a difficult question to answer. John Wooden's success was fueled by shady practices. Also, do we treat game/personnel mangers, who have figured out how to deal with ego and talent, different than coaches who teach fundamentals to less talented players in order to win games. A former will have more success, but the latter may be the better "coach".

They lost 9 games with the best recruiting class last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom