Coach K has team meeting at house | Syracusefan.com

Coach K has team meeting at house

"Listen up you little s. If you don't start playing better my back will continue to hurt. I need you guys to start playing better so my back can feel better again and I can go back to the sidelines"

You guys suck now get out of here.
impoverished-bedridden-man-alderton-suffolk-uk-f7fdxw.jpg

Even Duke occasionally suffers from the way college basketball works these days. There is no continuity. You have to make yourself over every year. This year it didn't work for us, and it didn't work for Duke very well either.

Also, the lack of a group of 4 or 5 year players means it is harder to build culture. Everybody is new, and there aren't any role models for younger players on what it means to be part of a particular program. The best player is always a freshman.

Even Duke occasionally suffers from the way college basketball works these days. There is no continuity. You have to make yourself over every year. This year it didn't work for us, and it didn't work for Duke very well either.

Also, the lack of a group of 4 or 5 year players means it is harder to build culture. Everybody is new, and there aren't any role models for younger players on what it means to be part of a particular program. The best player is always a freshman.

This is true but injuries and distractions have killed this team. The lack of a true point guard has been a big issue too. They've used three guys at the position and none of them are true point guards.

This is true but injuries and distractions have killed this team. The lack of a true point guard has been a big issue too. They've used three guys at the position and none of them are true point guards.
I wonder if they could use Thornton right about now. Frank Jackson is overrated. They thought he would be better and they didn't care about losing Thornton now they have no PG. Jackson is a point guard just not a very good one.

I wonder if they could use Thornton right about now. Frank Jackson is overrated. They thought he would be better and they didn't care about losing Thornton now they have no PG. Jackson is a point guard just not a very good one.

Yeah, Jackson came in as a point guard but is masquerading as one at this poimt. He certainly has not looked as good as he was hyped up to be. I'm shocked at how subpar he's looked.

Thornton probably would've been better at getting them into their offense, at the very least.

Last edited:

Grayson Allen is shooting 30% from 3 on the year. Tatum is shooting 29%.

"If you guys don't start winning I will need to (insert any of the following":

• Berate a player from the other team after they have kicked our ass
  • Not shake the other team's hands
  • Go whine to ACC officials courtside after losing.
  • Attack other teams for not doing it the right way.
  • Give indefinite one game suspensions
  • Personally attack you to scouts if you want to leave early

Um is it me or is this a real p rick thing to do?

It's like an over the top villain coach in a kid's sports movie thing to do. Or like something Gordon Bombay would've done in Mighty Ducks 2 when being the Team USA coach and being in commercials and stuff was going to his head and he was losing his team.