Coach McDonalds' plan for the O ... | Syracusefan.com

Coach McDonalds' plan for the O ...

Falcons-1-articleLarge.jpg

As long as he doesn't smuggle this up north.

Atlanta doesn't have a mobile quarterback . . .
Last I checked, neither do we.. Hunt maybe mobile, but not to the tune of being considered a "mobile quarterback".

The implicit point being that he may be looking at a pro-style offense, without a significant emphasis on the read option. We have several QB options. Some are more mobile than others, as noted in post-spring practice reviews about why Hunt won the starting qb job (to that point)

Last I checked, neither do we.. Hunt maybe mobile, but not to the tune of being considered a "mobile quarterback".

Did you watch his film? He looked like a fast, elusive runner to me.

Did you watch his film? He looked like a fast, elusive runner to me.
He runs a 4.9 40-yard dash.. Are we really arguing about this? He's mobile in terms of agility. Not in terms of installing an option and being successful. Elusive on the college level he is not.

He runs a 4.9 40-yard dash.. Are we really arguing about this? He's mobile in terms of agility. Not in terms of installing an option and being successful. Elusive on the college level he is not.

I was talking about Drew Allen - my mistake in responding to your post. I thought you were talking about Allen. He looks like a hell of a runner for a guy his size.

None of our qb's are what would be considered mobile guys. Coaches say that Allen and Loeb are both faster than Hunt in a straight line, but they don't have much elusiveness while running. Hunt has more elusiveness but lacks the flat out speed. HCSS said that if either of the first two get enough space they could go for 40, but how often did we see that kind of space last year when Nassib tried to run. He said Hunt would be more consistent in being able to pick of 5 yards at a time but would never break a big one. Ultimately, none of that matters to me as much as the ability of whoever is back there to be able to avoid a pass rush while maintaining awareness downfield and delivering an accurate ball.

Nassib was never really slow running. But he had a slow first/second step.

I was talking about Drew Allen - my mistake in responding to your post. I thought you were talking about Allen. He looks like a hell of a runner for a guy his size.
No worries. Allen looks like a great athlete, as does Hunt.