Coach P now the LB coach for the Memphis Showboats | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach P now the LB coach for the Memphis Showboats

According to this URL, Memphis stop playing in June.

This is the perfect year to invite Coach P, his old staff and his old players to come to the dome for a halftime ceremony to honor him. He should be available, as should most of his former staff, and we know Coach Brown thinks very highly of Coach P. Include a special tribute to Coach DeLeone as part of things.

Let's heal old wounds and get all the Coach P people back to their Syracuse roots. Do this now. Don't wait until Coach P is no longer around, or so sick he can't walk on the field and accept his honors and acknowledge the crowd.

Can we send Rob Konrad’s invitation by carrier pigeon, delivery sometime just after Thanksgiving?

Does anyone know if coach P had been asking for upgrades? I know he seemed like the kind that just kept his nose to the grindstone without complaint and I don't know that coaches made demands back then like they do now, but it seems like the lazy lack of foresite administration back then needed someone to ruffle some feathers the way Marrone eventually did.

He had some opportunities to potentially leave and opted not to. Sometimes loyalty isn’t a strength but rather a character flaw - if he’d left and subtly hinted Syracuse wasn’t financially committed to football, things might have gotten back on track a decade sooner.

He had some opportunities to potentially leave and opted not to. Sometimes loyalty isn’t a strength but rather a character flaw - if he’d left and subtly hinted Syracuse wasn’t financially committed to football, things might have gotten back on track a decade sooner.
Any idea who was interested in him?

Any idea who was interested in him?

25 years ago, I could have told you. I remember it being a topic on the old AOL boards, but media coverage in the 90s is nothing like today - so there doesn’t appear to be any trace of it left on the internet.

I believe it was ND that came sniffing, if I recall correctly.
The sliding door w P would have been if Paterno had retired in like 1998. P would have taken a job at his alma mader and we would have been spared Penn st issues and prob would have had Kevin Rodgers in 1999

A lot of people failed SU football in the late 90s and 00s. Jake, Buzz, Nancy, Gross, trustees...I just don't like when any one or two people get the blame. It was a group failure.
Agreed, a shame.

Why do I read these Coach P threads every time they are posted?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

It’s kinda like you’re running the option to the short side of the field on 3rd and long? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom