Coach... | Syracusefan.com

Coach...

BillSU

All American
said it himself years ago when talking about freshman players. If I remember correctly: “it takes a full year for them, (freshmen), to become accustomed to THEN Big East Play and NOW an even better ACC conference.” Finding themselves and having confidence in their shot once developed, the minutes, the competition, going against players better than yourself, the pace, travel and sitting and learning from THE COACH when you make a stupid foul or aren't contributing.

Tonight's game will test us to see whether or not we can play with our usual starting line up of Tyus, Buddy, Elijah, Oshae, and Paschal.

We've been spoiled by JB's recruiting special players. A great point we usually have like , Bing (combo, 28.4 ppg), Pearl, Sherm, Hart, Flynn, Moss, Autry, MacNamara among others. It remains to be seen how Carey develops as we move through the season. A guard like Pearl we hope Carey can try and emulate though there is and was only one Pearl. He was not a fast player, without any leaping ability. But he possessed amazing ball handling skills, an uncanny court sense and the ability to pull off unbelievable plays. Teams could not press Syracuse full court, because the Pearl could dribble right through it.

Carey is late due to his ankle and has to catch up fast along with Howard or we are limping at the point without them; a QB to run the team. They'll get there, it's a question of how long and how good they really are running a team with everyone back. Knowing your team is the point guards responsibility - who can I get the ball to in a specific situation? How can I get through this press or is it automatic and second nature, how can I get this rebound and make this play work.

I hope we get a W tonight with Battle playing out of position but playing his best game along with everyone playing theirs. Hopefully all the starters will have magnificent games w/o many turnovers or none. We have a target on our back. We'll be tested constantly to prove we belong. The Garden tonight is no time to experiment and have many mistakes but to be the best we can and hope it's enough for the W. I say Tyus, Elijah, Oshae and Paschal are going to play an excellent game. It's the Garden - our second home. GOSU :)

Last edited:
Get back to us after this game and tell us how we did! I am nervous.

said it himself years ago when talking about freshman players. If I remember correctly: “it takes a full year for them, (freshmen), to become accustomed to THEN Big East Play and NOW an even better ACC conference.” Finding themselves and having confidence in their shot once developed, the minutes, the competition, going against players better than yourself, the pace, travel and sitting and learning from THE COACH when you make a stupid foul or aren't contributing.

Tonight's game will test us to see whether or not we can play with our usual starting line up of Tyus, Buddy, Elijah, Oshae, and Paschal.

We've been spoiled by JB's recruiting special players. A great point we usually have like , Bing (combo, 28.4 ppg), Pearl, Sherm, Hart, Flynn, Moss, Autry, MacNamara among others. It remains to be seen how Carey develops as we move through the season. A guard like Pearl we hope Carey can try and emulate though there is and was only one Pearl. He was not a fast player, without any leaping ability. But he possessed amazing ball handling skills, an uncanny court sense and the ability to pull off unbelievable plays. Teams could not press Syracuse full court, because the Pearl could dribble right through it.

Carey is late due to his ankle and has to catch up fast along with Howard or we are limping at the point without them; a QB to run the team. They'll get there, it's a question of how long and how good they really are running a team with everyone back. Knowing your team is the point guards responsibility - who can I get the ball to in a specific situation? How can I get through this press or is it automatic and second nature, how can I get this rebound and make this play work.

I hope we get a W tonight with Battle playing out of position but playing his best game along with everyone playing theirs. Hopefully all the starters will have magnificent games w/o many turnovers or none. We have a target on our back. We'll be tested constantly to prove we belong. The Garden tonight is no time to experiment and have many mistakes but to be the best we can and hope it's enough for the W. I say Tyus, Elijah, Oshae and Paschal are going to play an excellent game. It's the Garden - our second home. GOSU :)

Get back to us after this game and tell us how we did! I am nervous.
We sucked. The five starters I mentioned played like they weren't a Syracuse team. The only positive of last night was Jalen Carey having a very good game and coming of age in one night. Lazy zone, no O rebounds
just poor play all around and we were still in it at the end. we'd better learn to shoot over night and beat Oregon or it will be a bad week end in NYC at MSG. GOSU :mad:

We sucked. The five starters I mentioned played like they weren't a Syracuse team. The only positive of last night was Jalen Carey having a very good game and coming of age in one night. Lazy zone, no O rebounds
just poor play all around and we were still in it at the end. we'd better learn to shoot over night and beat Oregon or it will be a bad week end in NYC at MSG. GOSU :mad:
I am in a state of high fragility right now (although I do have a steel core). To be galloping down the road at full speed towards a certain destination, only to be diverted to an off ramp that takes you in the polar opposite destination . . . the whiplash is incredible.

I do like to think we’ll get our act together but this has been so unexpected. Boeheim seemed rather stunned as well. And the players? If we feel bad, how much worse are they feeling? It’s not like they’re in the locker room high fiving each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom