Coaches Trust | Syracusefan.com

Coaches Trust

Interesting. Almost 67% of FBS coaches trust/value the recruiting sites. That won't make some people very happy.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Interesting. Almost 67% of FBS coaches trust/value the recruiting sites. That won't make some people very happy.

Well, they didn't say to what degree... I would think they use them more for keeping tabs on targets.

Marrone's staff never used them for evaluation but to find out what the recruits were saying. I would think that meant they valued them in some respect just not in the way that most would think.

It's not for evaluation, rather, video access as well as the more profesionally written articles.

It's not for evaluation, rather, video access as well as the more profesionally written articles.

That's what trust means?

And I know coaches trust their own evaluations more.

the ones that care will never know this or believe it even if they read it.Its a real "Who cares issue". I think if we thought the coaches used these sites for real information the ones who do are overpaid and not getting it done. At best the coaches might skim the sites for insight only. Offers are not going to be predicated by the information garnered there. If I'm an AD and I find out my coach s giving away scholarships based on the opinion of a recruiting site writer I'd be pissed and thinking I made big mistake in hiring the guy.:bat:

Which sites better than others...
http://footballscoop.com/news/8932-coaches-recruiting-technology-survey-results

- 29%
ESPN - 7%
Sc0ut - 6%
247 - 3%

Interesting read.

It was refreshing to find this site last year as I found myself quite alone out on the major sites as an Orange fan. Regardless, the reality is kids want to see their name on ESPN, Rivals, Scouts and other major recruiting sites. For the most part, unless they are strongly committed to a particular University, they are not looking at our sites. Maybe Coaches skim it and may get an idea, but I would rather have them doing their thing on the road then reading any of these sites for direction. We shouldn't be closed minded either in exploring and communicating on these national sites. It gets our name out there. We have to be heard. There is one guy, jonvi is his user name on the CBS site, that has been pluggin for the CUSE for years. We need guys like him and me doing some SMACK Talk on these sites. Kids read this stuff. As for our Coaches, I really don't care what they use, how they use it, or why they use it as long as it's "mostly legal" and when they use it it leads to some top talent!!!;)

As long as they stay within the rules, and we all know their is plenty of play room in there, what ever toots your fancy.

That is not the case at Syracuse.

What is not the case at SU?

Coaches do not rely on sites for evaluations.

Depends on how you define evaluations. That article didn't talk about a coach using a recruiting site to trump their own evaluation. That would be dumb.

I do not know about right now today, but for at least an 8 year period, I know for a fact that SU used the 2 previous sites. I know who most of them were and gave them the access. And it wasn't just to read articles. But they did use the evaluations to identify players they may not have known about

I think we are arguing semantics here Bees. There's a difference between some graduate assistant using Rivals to comb through film of players they do not have film on or know very little about and using the sites to offer every four star recruit because you trust Farrell's evaluations. Your first post could be interpreted that way, and your post responding to mine infers that.

Staffs do in fact use those sites, they would be dumb NOT too. In fact, if you asked that question 5-10 years ago the numbers in the polls would be higher. Youtube and HUDL now offer easier access for player highlights and film, and a site like HUDL also has individual games posted as well, not just highlights.

And again, those sites are also used by schools much like YELP would be used by a restaurant. To make sure recruits enjoy their visits, what they are saying about their facilities, etc.

I think we are arguing semantics here Bees. There's a difference between some graduate assistant using to comb through film of players they do not have film on or know very little about and using the sites to offer every four star recruit because you trust Farrell's evaluations. Your first post could be interpreted that way, and your post responding to mine infers that.

Staffs do in fact use those sites, they would be dumb NOT too. In fact, if you asked that question 5-10 years ago the numbers in the polls would be higher. Youtube and HUDL now offer easier access for player highlights and film, and a site like HUDL also has individual games posted as well, not just highlights.

And again, those sites are also used by schools much like YELP would be used by a restaurant. To make sure recruits enjoy their visits, what they are saying about their facilities, etc.

No where did I insinuate anything. I commented on the poll that asked about value/trust of the sites. I also did not say anything about coaches trusting a Farrell eval over their own. In fact twice I said the opposite. But I do know what coaches use them for and that included SU for a long period of time.

Trust and value are vastly different words. I can value a site for the ease it provides for keeping tabs on players but not trust their scouting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom