Coaching box?? | Syracusefan.com

Coaching box??

SBU72

All Conference
I have mentioned before, that I think that coaches are getting really bad directing their teams. I've seen a lot of coaches on the court directing players and not when their team is at the other end (and that is getting rediculus too!) but when their team is right in front of them on defense and offense. Pitano did it today. Can somebody who taped the game go to about the 10:30 mark of the 2nd half and see if Pitano acttual pushed one of his guys toward the corner? I could have sworn he did. And then he has the nerve to throw his coat over a call! He should have been "T" for both.

I have mentioned before, that I think that coaches are getting really bad directing their teams. I've seen a lot of coaches on the court directing players and not when their team is at the other end (and that is getting rediculus too!) but when their team is right in front of them on defense and offense. Pitano did it today. Can somebody who taped the game go to about the 10:30 mark of the 2nd half and see if Pitano acttual pushed one of his guys toward the corner? I could have sworn he did. And then he has the nerve to throw his coat over a call! He should have been "T" for both.

Not only did he do it once I believe he did it three times during the second half. I sit at that end of the court, right behind press row. How Pitino did not get a technical today is beyond belief, at one particular call he was almost to mid court, he was so far out on the court, that Boeheim went out just as far to imitate him and talk to one of the refs. The refs really need to call these coaches for being out on the court and out of the coaching box...sheesh

I've always thought that when one of these coahces like Pitino spends so much time out on the floor, the opposition should purposely just run into them and FORCE the ref to call a Technical. that would end it right quick. yet i have never seen it done.

I've always thought that when one of these coahces like Pitino spends so much time out on the floor, the opposition should purposely just run into them and FORCE the ref to call a Technical. that would end it right quick. yet i have never seen it done.
The old Jason Kidd gambit, eh?

He was on the floor by at least 5 feet, was in the officials face, stripped off his jacket and screamed at the officials and yet not T was called. It was a farce.

I thought Marquette's coach was the worst I've seen. That guy was practically a sixth man out there.

I thought Marquette's coach was the worst I've seen. That guy was practically a sixth man out there.
Last year at the dome he was literally standing on the baseline while we were trying to inbounds. It was ridiculous

The truth is out - we only lost because they had six men on the floor vs our five. Same holds true for most of our other losses as well.

The truth is out - we only lost because they had six men on the floor vs our five. Same holds true for most of our other losses as well.
Never said his actions cost SU the game but it is a clear violation of the rules, esspecially if he makes contact with any of the players. A coach who goes through all sorts of antics while on the sidelines to show his enthuasim is one thing but being on the court or outside the couches box by so much is wrong. Its like CJ getting a T for hitting the backboard on his dunk. It didn't effect the play but was called because it is considered poor sporstmanship.

I did something like this in High School and was suspended for the second half by my coach, who called it classless. I actually threw the ball to the coach who caught it in bounds. I thought it was pretty damn funny Damned if you do damned if you don't.

He did literally move his player to what he thought was a better defensive position- I mentioned it in an earlier post. Couldn't believe it.

Here's my question. I may be misremembering but didn't Jimmy B get a Techinical a couple years ago (possibly against Uconn) for forcefully removing his jacket in anger? Maybe it was someone else but Iv deffiney seen it called before, I don't know how Pitino didn't get a Technical Saturday. He was irrate and in the officials face after that charge call, and there is no way the refs should have let that go.

I wonder if the refs have been instructed to not call Ts on coaches except in egregious situations. It seems like they used to call technicals on the coaches a lot more frequently and for less than what most coaches get away with nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom