Coleman/Obokoh | Syracusefan.com

Coleman/Obokoh

Cuse_1999

2nd String
I watched about half the game last night and saw a stretch where McCullough was playing center. I really hope we can get Coleman back or that Obokoh can give us 5-10 minutes when Rak is in foul trouble.

McCullough is going to be a stud, but him playing center for any sustained stretch is a recipe for him being in foul trouble. Freshman bigs tend to foul at an alarming rate and couple that with him being too thin for the center position and he is going to pick up a lot of fouls when playing center. We're going to need his offense on the floor as he is going to present serious matchup problems but if he gets stuck playing center, I'm afraid he'll be in foul trouble a lot

Excellent point. Reflecting on many of our talented 5s over the years: Otis, Conrad, Etan, Arinze, Rak; many were foul machines early in their career.

Can't afford this with Chris.

AGreed and Chino looked like with some regular minutes that he can play maybe 4 min a half if needed to rest Rakeem or keep Rakeem out of foul trouble. I mean that defensively and on the glass offensively with him its likely 4 vs 5 and I think hat more than anything is why JB has been trying to see if Chris can play some 5.

I watched about half the game last night and saw a stretch where McCullough was playing center. I really hope we can get Coleman back or that Obokoh can give us 5-10 minutes when Rak is in foul trouble.

McCullough is going to be a stud, but him playing center for any sustained stretch is a recipe for him being in foul trouble. Freshman bigs tend to foul at an alarming rate and couple that with him being too thin for the center position and he is going to pick up a lot of fouls when playing center. We're going to need his offense on the floor as he is going to present serious matchup problems but if he gets stuck playing center, I'm afraid he'll be in foul trouble a lot

Agreed. And I am not sure that Obokoh isn't a year away [unfortunately].

Not counting on Coleman, either. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I think that Rak is going to have a very solid senior year, and I think he will probably get some calls that he hasn't gotten in the past [that is, refs might swallow their whistles a bit more and give him the benefit of the doubt when there's some minor contact]--but my fear is when we play a team like Pitt, and they draw two fouls on Rak in the first 40 seconds of the game, and when McCullough--today's backup pivot--draws his two fouls by the five minute mark. That's when we'll really be in trouble.

Need Rak to avoid fouls, be an iron man, and not get injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom