Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

44doubledees

Scout Team
Reading that article this morning gives me a better feeling that DC might actually make it back this year. I hope he can get back on the court by Christmas although still a long way to go on the rehab. Having said that if he does where does he fit in. Primarily as a backup to Rock or could we get by with him playing a little power forward as well. I think if Rick Jackson can play the 4 surely DC can give us some minutes there. I just can't see him redshirting if he can play half a season.

Reading that article this morning gives me a better feeling that DC might actually make it back this year. I hope he can get back on the court by Christmas although still a long way to go on the rehab. Having said that if he does where does he fit in. Primarily as a backup to Rock or could we get by with him playing a little power forward as well. I think if Rick Jackson can play the 4 surely DC can give us some minutes there. I just can't see him redshirting if he can play half a season.

This year with what we have seen in just one exhibition I'd say he is slotted as the backup center if he were to come back. I'm sure they would want to take it easy on him minutes wise but even 8-12 minutes a game would be huge for this team. It would allow Rakeem to rest and keep Chris playing all his minutes at the forward spot.

Mobility is going to be a huge issue for him, so he's only projected as a backup center. I'm sure JB would be thrilled if he could give us 8-12 minutes a game, as jordoo said. I'm still sceptical but that article did give me a sliver of hope that he sees the court this year.

Mobility is going to be a huge issue for him, so he's only projected as a backup center. I'm sure JB would be thrilled if he could give us 8-12 minutes a game, as jordoo said. I'm still sceptical but that article did give me a sliver of hope that he sees the court this year.

Agreed. I'm optimistic for DC2 but as a fan I'm not going to count on it until it happens or we are told he is actually cleared and participating in full practices. Certainly nice to get some actual real information on the procedure and recovery. If he were to get healthy and start playing this year its hard to understate how important he would be for this particular team at the 5 spot.

A wetdream would be Coleman at center, Rock at PF, and CMac at small f, MG at shooting guard. Tremendous height and good ball handling, perfect for our styyle.

I can't picture how Coleman could be anything useful this year when he can't even run right now. We felt like just missing the Canada trip last year held Roberson back significantly. DC has not moved faster than a walking pace in nearly a year. How could his conditioning, strength, etc be anywhere near where it needs to be to say nothing about his actual basketball skills? Seems like it will be a wasted year of eligibility if he comes back. But of course they may be approaching it as that doesn't matter since his career outlook may have a very low ceiling now due to the injuries.

I can't picture how Coleman could be anything useful this year when he can't even run right now. We felt like just missing the Canada trip last year held Roberson back significantly. DC has not moved faster than a walking pace in nearly a year. How could his conditioning, strength, etc be anywhere near where it needs to be to say nothing about his actual basketball skills? Seems like it will be a wasted year of eligibility if he comes back. But of course they may be approaching it as that doesn't matter since his career outlook may have a very low ceiling now due to the injuries.

Certainly a concern, but he has been busting his but in every low impact lower body strengthening exercise that they will let him do. I think he would bust his but on the bike to get back into cardio shape but still like I said its probably still low minutes if he comes back at all and from a career standpoint you are right. (is it worth a year of eligibility)

IF he comes back, I doubt he will play more than a few minutes per game as a backup to Roc. At this point, it would take a small miracle for him to help more than that.

That, and the fact that no one on this board has seen anything from Coleman that suggests he's ready to be a productive ACC-level player. He spent his two years as a mop-up time player who struggled to play defense and had even more difficulty getting his shot off on the other end. Now he's been injured for the better part of a year and hasn't played.

The kid works hard. Let him keep practicing through next summer and have a half-career left to produce on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom