Colgate Post Game Presser | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Post Game Presser

Marty's Hero

All Conference
Did anyone see coach's response to the Arkansas question at the end of the press conference? Looks like a reporter asked about the game in '95. I was a little young and only know it was a close game.

Anyway, Coach B did not looked impressed with the question but suathletics' video of the press conference ends right as he's about to answer the question. Anyone see it? Might be a non-issue but I'm curious what the response was. I could see how a question about a tough loss in 1995 would make you unhappy almost 20 years later.

Best part of that post game presserr was him taking credit for teaching MCW how to make all those plays. Said he didn't have time to show him last year or something like that. He's good for at least one hillarious line per presser.

He said that he couldn't remember what happened yesterday less way back then, smiled while looking down and then ended the conference.

Did anyone see coach's response to the Arkansas question at the end of the press conference? Looks like a reporter asked about the game in '95. I was a little young and only know it was a close game.

Anyway, Coach B did not looked impressed with the question but suathletics' video of the press conference ends right as he's about to answer the question. Anyone see it? Might be a non-issue but I'm curious what the response was. I could see how a question about a tough loss in 1995 would make you unhappy almost 20 years later.

That Arkansas loss in 95 wasn't just a tough loss, it was one of the worst losses ever. No one who saw it wants to talk about it ever again.

That Arkansas loss in 95 wasn't just a tough loss, it was one of the worst losses ever. No one who saw it wants to talk about it ever again.
isn't that the truth. I have been around syracuse hoop forever. The worst loss for me. Yep, worse than that one.

isn't that the truth. I have been around syracuse hoop forever. The worst loss for me. Yep, worse than that one.

I was a student at SU then and was watching the game with friends...we finished the drinks but the reason why we were drinking chance dramatically!

I have repeatedly said that next to indiana that was my toughest loss as a fan i ever had. Completely and utterly devastated and in the fetal position for weeks after it was over.

Arkansas game in 1995. NCAA second round game in Austin against the defending National Champions. We were up by one, with the ball, with a couple of seconds to go in regulation. Lawrence Moten called a time out we didn't have. They got two technical foul shots and made one, sending game into OT... where they won. I was literally packing my bag for Kansas City when Lawrence called that timeout.

Thanks for the help guys. I was 9 when that game happened and thought it was a tough loss. That is why I brought it up. Seemed like a question asked just to get a response. I thought it was a bad day for the reporters. Those questions today were horrible.

I have repeatedly said that next to indiana that wad my toughest loss as a fan i ever had. Completely and utterly devestated and in the fetal positon for weeks after it was over.

For me, 1988 loss to Rhode Island was a stomach punch the season after we played for the championship, made worse by the fact that I was on a train to NYC with only a walkman radio and the reception kept going in and out. Then after the '89 team got us back on a good NCAA run, only to be bounced by Illinois with a Final Four on the line, then the next year, another shocking loss to Minnesota in '90, followed by the loss to Richmond in '91, and then the 2nd round loss to UMass in 1992, and then probation in '93. What a terrible run of luck following our '87 appearance in the Final. Those were all rough years.

I was living in New Orleans as a Tulane grad student... Watched the Arkansas game by myself and smashed a lamp after it ended... Only time in 25+ years of watching 'Cuse that I broke something after a tough loss.*

* Though I did ask my girlfriend to leave my apartment (on Euclid Ave) and walk back to her dorm (Delplain) in the cold after we lost to Richmond in '91. Needless to say, that relationship was broken from there on out.

I was 12. That was the first loss that was truly devastating for me. Guess I was just too young to care much about Richmond four years prior.

Made me sick watching Arkansas go all the way to the title game that year. Hated that school ever since.

I was there in person, directing the SSS.

The crowd was amazing, one of the most passionate SU crowds I've ever seen...because it was all UT fans and they HATED Arkansas (think SWC break-up).

The loss was devastating. I mean, we won...and then we lost.

We have had many games over the years in both football and basketball that we SHOULD have won. That was the one game we HAD won. We were already celebrating defeating the defending national champions.

For me, 1988 loss to Rhode Island was a stomach punch the season after we played for the championship, made worse by the fact that I was on a train to NYC with only a walkman radio and the reception kept going in and out. Then after the '89 team got us back on a good NCAA run, only to be bounced by Illinois with a Final Four on the line, then the next year, another shocking loss to Minnesota in '90, followed by the loss to Richmond in '91, and then the 2nd round loss to UMass in 1992, and then probation in '93. What a terrible run of luck following our '87 appearance in the Final. Those were all rough years.
They were very tough indeed. Didn't we steamroll Kansas to get to that game against Illinois?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I always felt bad for Luscious Jackson, because my recollection was that the announcers named him as the culprit who called a timeout and my memory is hazy if they ever corrected themselves on air.

Ugh, remember that game like yesterday. What a tough loss. And by tough I mean I'd rather shove Bic pens in my urethra (that's a pee-hole for you illiterate commie urinal advocates).

I always felt bad for Luscious Jackson, because my recollection was that the announcers named him as the culprit who called a timeout and my memory is hazy if they ever corrected themselves on air.

Ugh, remember that game like yesterday. What a tough loss. And by tough I mean I'd rather shove Bic pens in my urethra tough (that's a pee-hole for you illiterate commie urinal advocates).
Yes, the announcers named Jackson as the culprit originally. Not sure they ever corrected it either

They were very tough indeed. Didn't we steamroll Kansas to get to that game against Illinois?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It was a very tough Missouri with Doug Smith, Anthony Peeler, Gary Leonard and Byron Irving. We were playing with a less than 100% Derrick Coleman who got hurt (undercut) against Georgetown in the BET Championship game, and were down 7 points in the 2nd half. Sherman Douglas refused to lose and put the team on his back and went on a tear and we ended up winning going away. Billy Owens had a big game as well. It was a late starting game on a Friday night and didn't get over until after midnight.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/25/s...idwest-orangemen-hold-off-missouri-83-80.html

I have repeatedly said that next to indiana that wad my toughest loss as a fan i ever had. Completely and utterly devestated and in the fetal positon for weeks after it was over.
Unfortunately I have slid Vermont into the two hole, mainly cause I watched that debacle in person. However, the Arkansas game was like it was yesterday. Still too fresh in my memory. I don't want to start the list of all time bad losses, but it's amazing how they stick a lot longer than the wins.

Unfortunately I have slid Vermont into the two hole, mainly cause I watched that debacle in person. However, the Arkansas game was like it was yesterday. Still too fresh in my memory. I don't want to start the list of all time bad losses, but it's amazing how they stick a lot longer than the wins.

The thing about the Arkansas game is that it was to get into the sweet 16. I always said that team could have certainly made a FF run had they got past that game.

Vermont while certainly sucky as hell is behind these games (and in no order past the first 2)

Indiana
Arkansas
Illinois '89
Minnesota '90
Rhode Island '88

Agree, Manley.

You still in Santa Cruz?

That Arkansas game was like child abuse to me. Brain shut down. Complete void, no recollection of anything spanning that day to months after. As far as I'm concerned, it never happened.

Really was a tough loss for me b/c it was my freshman year and realized that Syracuse hoops, at the time, was similar to being a Red Sox fan. Both found unique ways to lose in the worse way possible.

That whole season was weird for me b/c my first hoops game ever was at Manley vs George Washington. I also was hoping Chris Herren, someone i followed in highschool very closely, was coming to Syracuse but ended up at BC, broke his hand in game one and was gone shortly thereafter.