College Basketball 2012-2013: Parity or Mediocrity | Syracusefan.com

College Basketball 2012-2013: Parity or Mediocrity

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm thinking there are a lot of mediocrity, but when I review the top fifteen's remaining schedules, there should be some amazing records at the end of the year. It's pretty sad looking at how few remaining games these teams have vs top 25 teams. This is due to a lot to top teams in the major conferences being down this year thus allowing four mid major programs in the top fifteen. Take out the Big Ten and it's even worse. And you know the Big 10 is overrated. It will be interesting to follow this through the end of the season to see how much of this holds to form.

TOP FIFTEEN: GAMES VS TOP 25 TEAMS HOME/AWAY

Louisville 5 3 home/2 away
Indiana 8 3/5
Duke 1 1/0 (NC State)
Kansas 2 1/1 (KState x2)
Michigan 8 3/5
Syracuse 4 2/2
Arizona 2 1/1 (UCLA x2)
Gonzaga 1 0/1 (Butler)
Minnesota 5 3/2
Florida 2 1/1 (Missouri x2)
Ohio State 7 4/3
Creighton 0
Butler 2 1/1 (Gonzaga, VCU)
NC State 1 0/1 (Duke)
SD State 2 1/1 (New Mexico St x2)

I think there is more parity this season because there is no clear cut beat team in the country. The NCAA tournament is going to be incredible this season.

Michigan is legit. Best offensive team in the country.

Kansas never plays anyone once conference play begins. If you put them in the Big East over the last ten years they probably average 3 additional losses a season. Yes they have had good teams, but their inflated records year in and year out are more a reflection of the benefit of playing in a putrid BBall conference.

It's hard to fall out of the top 5 if you don't play any team that can legitimately challenge you.

I don't think the Big 10 is overrated.

Watching the second half of Wisconsin and IU last night I think I might agree with you now. While not pretty, that was some tough defensive basketball. Both of those teams are tough.

I don't think the Big 10 is overrated.
Do you honestly feel that they have six of the top 23rd ranked teams in the country. I know it's subjective but it just doesn't pass the smell test. When you look at the RPI ratings, the Big 10 is the #1 ranked conference but just by an eyelash over the Big East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom