College Basketball Future Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

College Basketball Future Power Rankings

OrangeTown

All Conference
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...-teams-most-likely-succeed-next-three-seasons

Insider article, so I will only post the Syracuse section. We come in at #8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why they are here: The Orange are a hit in the ACC, too. The talent pipeline still flows as Syracuse continues to be an attraction for recruits. Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, like Krzyzewski, shows no signs he's ready to call it quits. That's good. His staff has had changes, but top assistant Mike Hopkins has stayed. The stability in the program is not an issue. The current talent is a hair below what it was the past two seasons, but that's not going to derail Syracuse from being an ACC contender. The program power number is probably too low -- Syracuse's national reach is still very high. Getting Syracuse on your schedule is still a coup and a must-see game. The Orange are as much of a mainstay in the top 10 as any of the others listed. -- Andy Katz
Dilemma: The Orange aren't currently quite as loaded with talent as we've seen in the past few years, but Boeheim and his staff have already received commitments from four players in the 2015 Top 75. The major question is whether coach-in-waiting Mike Hopkins can keep this thing going once 69-year-old Boeheim calls it quits. Even further, will Hopkins stick around for much longer and wait for Boeheim to retire? As Andy noted, that may not be soon. Hopkins has pursued other jobs and if he leaves, who is next to follow Boeheim? -- Jeff Goodman
Pipeline: The Syracuse roster is always filled with elite athletes, but freshman Chris McCullough could be special if he puts in the work. His frame is long and athletic, as it fits the model that Syracuse gets in recruiting. He also has advanced ball skills for his size. McCullough has all the tools to make a big-time block and then run the floor for a finish. As Jeff noted, Syracuse already owns four ESPN 100 commitments in 2015. -- Paul Biancardi

8TH? THATS CRIMINAL

Actually, its not bad. I think they might be over estimating AZ but only because they have been close but not there yet.

1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Louisville
5. Florida
6. Arizona
7. UNC
8. Syracuse

I like that UCONN is two spots behind Gonzaga and 6 spots in front of Harvard.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Next time someone says ESPN only gets on us from our schedule

The Blue Devils play national games on a regular basis outside of their conference. (Even if only one every other year is a true road game, it still resonates.)

Also worth mentioning that half of the top 8 is from the ACC, so, yeah...

Actually, its not bad. I think they might be over estimating AZ but only because they have been close but not there yet.

1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Louisville
5. Florida
6. Arizona
7. UNC
8. Syracuse

I like that UCONN is two spots behind Gonzaga and 6 spots in front of Harvard.

sarcasm detection

remember.. these are just "projections" Remember 2012 Kentucky. Projected final four team that lost at home in the first round of the N.I.T.

LOL boneyard having a meltdown over "only" being fourteenth.

Doesn't upset me. Not in the least. Gonzaga higher than UCONN??? UConn has 4 times more National Championship game wins than Gonzaga has sweet 16 wins.

Ollie is recruiting at a different level than Calhoun. I like out chances going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom