College Football Hall of Fame dinner tonight...... | Syracusefan.com

College Football Hall of Fame dinner tonight......

cto

Administrator
Hope some of you watched it on espn3. I was lucky to be there (last minute invite which I accepted because I have "no false pride" accepting a last minute invitation).

Anyhow... this is always a great event -- involving a sell-out crowd of 2500 in the grand ballroom of the Waldorf Astoria to honor this year's inductees. Every famous coach and famous college player (who is not playing in the NFL this weekend) was there. Among the Hall members recognized in attendance were Floyd Little, Don McPherson and Dick McPherson.

It's kind of a rah-rah patriotic thing, but great fun. Some famous singer was supposed to sing the Star Spangled Banner, but he showed up late. So Reese Davis (MC) let the entire crowd in singing it instead. Just a a really neat moment. As we all sang off-key.

Anyhow, if you ever get a chance to attend it, jump at the opportunity.

Donnie Mac posted this on FB last night, too. Nice moment, indeed.

Sounds like a great event.

I'm looking forward to the Hall of Fame opening here in Atlanta. There will be two annual kick-off games at the Georgia Dome sandwiching the HoF induction events.

Went in 2004-Matt Leinart's year. Chris Fowler was the host. An excellent event to attend. Interesting speaking to a few"golden oldies" that knew of and played against my father in the late 60's.

Hope some of you watched it on espn3. I was lucky to be there (last minute invite which I accepted because I have "no false pride" accepting a last minute invitation).

Anyhow... this is always a great event -- involving a sell-out crowd of 2500 in the grand ballroom of the Waldorf Astoria to honor this year's inductees. Every famous coach and famous college player (who is not playing in the NFL this weekend) was there. Among the Hall members recognized in attendance were Floyd Little, Don McPherson and Dick McPherson.

It's kind of a rah-rah patriotic thing, but great fun. Some famous singer was supposed to sing the Star Spangled Banner, but he showed up late. So Reese Davis (MC) let the entire crowd in singing it instead. Just a a really neat moment. As we all sang off-key.

Anyhow, if you ever get a chance to attend it, jump at the opportunity.

Yea, like we will have a chance attending that event. : )