College hoops is suddenly fun to watch again | Syracusefan.com

College hoops is suddenly fun to watch again

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I'm noticing fewer stupid charging calls, much less clutching and grabbing, the Cuse can put the ball in the basket, and we're winning. Regular season wise(final four runs would be fun even if we won every game by a score of 2-0) I haven't enjoyed watching us play for a 4 game stretch like the last 4 games in years. Let's keep it going! Watchable basketball and winning!

I'm noticing fewer stupid charging calls, much less clutching and grabbing, the Cuse can put the ball in the basket, and we're winning. Regular season wise(final four runs would be fun even if we won every game by a score of 2-0) I haven't enjoyed watching us play for a 4 game stretch like the last 4 games in years. Let's keep it going! Watchable basketball and winning!
I agree. Give credit to rules makers, refs and the GS Warriors. Steph and crew have reminded everyone, even idiotic CBB hoops head coaches, that basketball is an offensive game and taking contested shots with 2 on the shot clock is dumb. Just take the first open look and see what happens.

Its taken some time to get the refs to call the implemented rules better. That said you can see the difference with freedom of movement and this year they have stressed the rebounding action, any contact in the back of another player has been getting called most of the time. They still have big issues with the block/charge because the NCAA seems to believe that guarding a space on the floor is defense. Over all though it is much better.

One more favor to ask.....Stop awarding time outs when there is a scramble for the ball!!!!