College lacrosse: Syracuse moves up to top seed in projected bracket (PS) | Syracusefan.com

College lacrosse: Syracuse moves up to top seed in projected bracket (PS)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
PROJECTED BRACKET
The committee's selection decisions effectively come down to two spots for Brown, Georgetown, Ohio State and Princeton. That gets cut to one spot for Brown, Georgetown and Ohio State if Princeton wins the Ivy tournament.

The wild card is Ohio State. Its high-level victories are the sort of differentiators that help guide the committee's choices ... but so are the Buckeyes' losses.

"I believe in our body of work and I believe in what we've done," Ohio State coach Nick Myers said after Saturday's Big Ten title game. "I haven't studied it to the extent I know the committee will, but at the end of the day, we have a top-five win, a top-10 win. With Towson winning today, you're looking at four wins in the top 20. I guess you're going to have to show another bubble team that has a resume similar to that."

The committee has shown a penchant for punishing poor results, and it's not as if Brown doesn't have some quality in its profile. The guess is the Bears barely slip in, and force the committee to use three flights out of necessity in the first round.

Annapolis quarterfinal

(1) ATLANTIC COAST/Syracuse vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Marist-NORTHEAST/Bryant
(8) Cornell vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Denver quarterfinal

(4) BIG EAST/Denver vs. PATRIOT/Colgate
(5) Duke vs. BIG TEN/Johns Hopkins

Annapolis quarterfinal

(3) North Carolina vs. Brown
(6) Virginia vs. IVY/Princeton

Denver quarterfinal

(2) Notre Dame vs. COLONIAL/Towson-SOUTHERN/High Point
(7) Maryland vs. Yale

Just on the inside: Cornell, Yale, Brown
Just on the outside: Ohio State, Georgetown, Marquette

Moving in: Brown, Bryant, High Point
Moving out: Georgetown, Richmond, Saint Joseph's

http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-ste...lege_lacrosse_syracuse_move.html#incart_river

I know it's a first world problem but man that's a less then friendly draw if that was the actual bracket. Bryant Albany Duke potential matchups the first three games

The only flaw in Stevens' logic is that he needs three flights.

One to Denver, one to South Bend, and one to Chapel Hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom