College ready kids wanting to get started in a"Hollywood career? | Syracusefan.com

College ready kids wanting to get started in a"Hollywood career?

CaliCuse

All American
It occurred to me that there might be some parents who have kids who are college ready that want to pursue a career in the entertainment business.dd to this your and their desire to remain fairly close to home. I suggest looking into Emerson College in Boston. They have a literally tons of graduates out her in Cailifornia and if they maintain good grades they will have an opportunity to be a intern with influential people and shows in production. Thats how my son,Terry got his start and being introduced to a good number of withers and producers and its worked out terrific of him. This isn't a guarantee but its worth looking into for anyone exploring the industry. If you have any further questions please message me and I'll try to give you the best information I can. If you prefer a phone call let me know and I'll provide a number or you can provide me of yours and the best time to connect if thats OK with you. I don't provide numbers to insurance salesmen. I'm not that desperate or cruel.:rolleyes:

I've read somewhere that Hollywood is thinking of changing the minimum age of actors to 21. They can't even jump to Hollywood from high school as they have to do at least 3 years of college first even if they are talented enough to do so. Is this true?

I've read somewhere that Hollywood is thinking of changing the minimum age of actors to 21. They can't even jump to Hollywood from high school as they have to do at least 3 years of college first even if they are talented enough to do so. Is this true?
I haven't heard anything about that but acting isn't the only field that should be thought of in that town. There is writing,production directing, set design are always lucrative areas that can be exploredActing is one of the easier things to gain attention. Local theater groupware always holding auditions and should be investigated by those who want to act. Syracuse, I believe has a highly respected theater group and presentations.

What if they let them go to like... a mini hollywood for a few years if they didnt want to go to college? They could develop their acting skills for 3 years, until they hit the 21 year old minimum?

What if they let them go to like... a mini hollywood for a few years if they didnt want to go to college? They could develop their acting skills for 3 years, until they hit the 21 year old minimum?
What"21 year old minimum?"

have you considered duke ?

medium_image-531672ec4170703f52c60000-coalesced

Do you own the Mavericks?

Sorry Cali, not trying to highjack your thread and just pointing out the hypocrisy of the NBA/NFL rules on age limits when we have a lot of proof on how it also effects young actors as well as they can't handle a very intense career or after it when the attention/love/jobs are gone.

Do you own the Mavericks?

Sorry Cali, not trying to highjack your thread and just pointing out the hypocrisy of the NBA/NFL rules on age limits when we have a lot of proof on how it also effects young actors as well as they can't handle a very intense career or after it when the attention/love/jobs are gone.
I know. That Shirley Temple really screwed the pooch. Its parenting and the kid, not the business. http://flavorwire.com/214900/10-child-actors-who-became-awesome-adults/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom