Combine Invitees for 2023? | Syracusefan.com

Combine Invitees for 2023?

sususpicious

Walk On
Noticed that Jackson and Sanogo from UConn, and Pickett and Lundy from Penn State have been invited to the upcoming NBA Combine. Was wondering how the notification process works? Is it just leaked out in drips and drabs, or is an official announcement made? And also, of course, was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this with regard to Mintz?

Noticed that Jackson and Sanogo from UConn, and Pickett and Lundy from Penn State have been invited to the upcoming NBA Combine. Was wondering how the notification process works? Is it just leaked out in drips and drabs, or is an official announcement made? And also, of course, was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this with regard to Mintz?
I think the GMs vote and the top 60 vote-getters get an invite. I think there's a good chance Judah knows whether he's invited, or is about to know. He can also start setting up workouts with franchises. Because I like to read into things, I'll comment it's right around the time Judah posted his Cuse pics on instagram. There's a chance we find out more about Judah's situation this week.

I think the GMs vote and the top 60 vote-getters get an invite. I think there's a good chance Judah knows whether he's invited, or is about to know. He can also start setting up workouts with franchises. Because I like to read into things, I'll comment it's right around the time Judah posted his Cuse pics on instagram. There's a chance we find out more about Judah's situation this week.
Last year's combine had 76 participants. I'm guessing a few more were invited that didn't attend for one reason or another.

Last year's combine had 76 participants. I'm guessing a few more were invited that didn't attend for one reason or another.
And the official list was released on 5/10/22 with the combine starting on 5/18. This year's combine starts on 5/16, so we might hear about some but not officially until about a week before the combine.

If invited, guys who are locks to be lottery to mid 1st round picks skip this event. This is for guys who are deemed 2nd round picks trying to move up and gain exposure. I have found that in the past, the combine benefits guys who are long, athletic, have a lot of potential, who are under the radar and have a good showing at the event. It hasn't been good for guys who are known but on the fringe as to whether they are ready, whose measurements come in short, and do not fare well in skills events and games. On the fringe known players have to excel at the event or else it's best for them to return to college.

I'm not sure if there's a good rationale for the timing of everything, but I wonder if the NCAA should change portal deadlines so it's more compatible with NBA draft deadlines. It seems like these two very related events do not move in unison as they should.

Shouldn't the G-league combine (what buddy was in last year) be doing their tournament thing soon?