Combine winners and Losers | Syracusefan.com

Combine winners and Losers

Great to hear that he has put himself in good position to get drafted. Not much that was stated is a surprise to most of us. What I find funny though is the notion that he probably has limited upside because he's 24. Huh... didn't we just watch him get better year after year at Syracuse? That said, why would he stop getting better now? I don't. I believe G will continue to improve and will be a solid contributor if given the opportunity.

Nothing against Malachi, but it's interesting to me that that ESPN/Ford is pushing his stock more than anyone.
I am telling you Ford is getting his info from Danny Ainge. Ford gets all his info from NBA GMs and Ainge-Ford are tight.

Malachi will not get by the Celtics 23th pick. They aren't keeping their first pick unless its first overall and Ford is confident because he is getting the info from those GMs.

Great to hear that he has put himself in good position to get drafted. Not much that was stated is a surprise to most of us. What I find funny though is the notion that he probably has limited upside because he's 24. Huh... didn't we just watch him get better year after year at Syracuse? That said, why would he stop getting better now? I don't. I believe G will continue to improve and will be a solid contributor if given the opportunity.
NBA players are typically 21-22 when they enter the league and their prime starts at 24. Gbinije is 24 but age only matters if the team cares about upside. If the team just wants G as a rotation role player his age doesn't matter because he will never command a high salary.

Yeah, I get that but I still find it a bit silly. Mal has more upside than G, right? Well, good, because he's not as good as G so he had better. I still think G has upside and will improve.

Really wish Minnesota had a second round pick. I think G would fit in nicely there under Thibs.

Really wish Minnesota had a second round pick. I think G would fit in nicely there under Thibs.
Boston has 5 2nd round picks they will deal some for future assets. Minnesota or anybody who likes G could acquire one from Boston.

NBA players are typically 21-22 when they enter the league and their prime starts at 24. Gbinije is 24 but age only matters if the team cares about upside. If the team just wants G as a rotation role player his age doesn't matter because he will never command a high salary.
GBinije would be awesome with the Spurs...they like senior citizens