Come on 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Come on 2021

Nicknack

All Conference
So far, 2021 isn't exactly hitting a home run and frustrations with our basketball program continue to mount. This probably sounds silly, but I used to take pride in watching a game from start to finish, regardless the score. I sort of felt like I was quitting on my team if I were to turn the game off early. Again, I know this is kinda dumb. However, I do think it speaks to how far the wrong direction we've gone, at least for me, because this year (for the first time in 31 years), I've done this 2-3 times already.

Reflecting on all of the years following SU sports, I can recall numerous times where I have been embarrassed, disappointed, saddened, and felt like I wanted to cry. However, the word "frustration" really never was an adjective that I would have used until this year, although the last few years Boeheim and company have been building towards this.

Take yesterday for example, I was sitting in my chair watching us struggle from the jump. When we got down 3-4 points I yelled out, "Boeheim, what are you going to do, wait until we're down by 10 before you put Kadary in the game?". Well, we know the answer to that one. Great way to set the young man up.

What is so incredibly frustrating is that no matter the rotation, we're still probably cooked last night and lose. However, who knows... if Kadary were to start, maybe, just maybe we get going early and Clemson doesn't get into the groove that they did. Everything seems so reactive. We don't press until we're down so many points that we probably can't even come back. We don't put Kadary on the court until we're down. We finally insert Woody in a game but do so when we're already down and Clemson is proceeding to step on our throat. Again, it's so damn reactive. It's also setting some guys up for failure instead of putting them in a place that maximizes the likelihood of success. To make things even worse, I don't see any relief coming next year but instead except more of the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jungleman46

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom