Comments from Louisville-Col St/Marq-Butler games last night at Rupp | Syracusefan.com

Comments from Louisville-Col St/Marq-Butler games last night at Rupp

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
I went to these games last night in Lexington, only an hour down the road from me. Instead of blue (of course, Rupp Arena is home to UK), there was a huge sea of red, and they were very loud. Big Blue Nation must have thought the world had ended when red descended on their city and arena. The funniest thing was there were several UK fans there in blue, some specifically to root against UofL, so the Louisville fans started chanting "Robert Morris." It was great.

Say what you want, but Louisville plays tremendous defense all game long. Colorado St. crumbled under it. UofL was called for a number of fouls for being aggressive, but I have to hand it to their players for their constant tenacity. They are deep and very good. Let's hope Cuse gets revenge and the last laugh in the championship game against them as the real tournament champion.

We watched the 1st half of Marquette-Butler but left at halftime to get home. I was surprised to see Marq win after being down at half. That #15 kid from Butler was a tremendous shooter, at least in 1st half. Butler brought down a lot of fans from Indy, and I was surprised to see a decent showing of Marq fans too.

BTW, was able to attend the BET in NYC this year (haven't been able to for years). It was great hanging at the Blarney and Stout with fellow SU fans. Great fun, and great play by Syracuse, regardless of the last half of the last game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom