• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gormanite4L

Walk On
There are a few things that worry me with this team. However, is anyone else concerned that it's basically CJ our guards and that's it for rebounding. How can James, Grant, Rak and Baye only have 8 rebounds combined!!!! I understand it's tough to rebound out of the zone but come on now Rak 18min 1 board, Grant 15min 1 board JSouth 26min 2 boards. This has to improve quickly.

It's really not that bad. JS was a rebounding machine the last few games before his quasi suspension.

Rak and Grant are serviceable. just an off game for both.

According to ESPN, we're ranked 10th in the country in offensive RPG at 14.7 rpg, 63rd in defensive RPG at 25.5 rpg, and 11th in overall rebounding at 40.3 rpg. According to the NCAA site, we're 32nd in rebounding margin at +5.8. For some added perspective, we finished last year's 34-3 campaign with a negative rebounding margin of -1.7.

According to ESPN, we're ranked 10th in the country in offensive RPG at 14.7 rpg, 63rd in defensive RPG at 25.5 rpg, and 11th in overall rebounding at 40.3 rpg. According to the NCAA site, we're 32nd in rebounding margin at +5.8. For some added perspective, we finished last year's 34-3 campaign with a negative rebounding margin of -1.7.

solid numbers

You never know with Rak. Some games he shows up other games he just sleeps through. Our rebounding is what it is. It's better than last year.

It helps that we have 2 guards who really can rebound well. I mean yesterday both MCW and BT had some big time rebounds.
It's incredible how often BT will get in good position under the basket and get a big rebound. It just goes to show, it's not always about height and length.

It's incredible how often BT will get in good position under the basket and get a big rebound. It just goes to show, it's not always about height and length.

Are you saying its not length, its position and motion?

you sexual thickburger, you...

It's how you use it?
Sorry, I had to.
Clearly, it's about thickness ;)

Keep telling yourself that. Jk

MCW has been doing the same. He had a big board in the second half during a sju mini run.

Oh Jesus Christ, what did I just do.

You know, a couple things to keep in mind: Rak is not going to be in position to get a ton of boards considering he's often contesting shots. Same with Baye. Also, our zone makes people shoot a lot of threes, which often leads to longer rebounds. You're not going to get a ton of boards as a post player when the rebounds are caroming out 10-15 feet on a lot of misses.

Long, akward shots = Long, akward rebounds. Our bigs contest shots and then have to stay home after the shot to avoid being out of position if the other team grabs the board.

Rebounding (especially defensive) wasn't as big a concern with that team as it is with this one -- b/c we could score the ball. This year (take Pitt for example), we've really struggled in the half court -- by "struggle" i mean ... not only missed shots but gave up the rb to boot). And we got owned inside. We have to do better in all three departments to be successful in the BET and the tourney.