Conference Stats | Syracusefan.com

Conference Stats

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Bet there will be some surprises and also some posts arguing the true validity of these conference stats. :cool: Hughes leading the league in scoring, not being considered one of the conference’s top players is a joke.

Bet there will be some surprises and also some posts arguing the true validity of these conference stats. :cool:

These statistics have been brought to you by:

1583364859291.png

Bet there will be some surprises and also some posts arguing the true validity of these conference stats. :cool: Hughes leading the league in scoring, not being considered one of the conference’s top players is a joke.

The relative weakness of SU's conference schedule this season may have skewed the results a bit in SU's favor.

The relative weakness of SU's conference schedule this season may have skewed the results a bit in SU's favor.

We played UVA 2x.

That’ll put a damper on your counting stats for sure.

Granted, we got “lucky” re: Llvll & FSU being 1x.

Otherwise, everybody plays a somewhat unbalanced schedule.

We played UVA 2x.

That’ll put a damper on your counting stats for sure.

Granted, we got “lucky” re: Llvll & FSU being 1x.

Otherwise, everybody plays a somewhat unbalanced schedule.
True about UVA for sure, but the rest of the schedule was pretty favorable in terms of the home and homes this season, and surely helped with the scoring and scoring margin numbers.

JB's put on the plaid herb tarlek coat recently and seems to be trying really hard to sell our road wins.
is that his best pitch to the committee ?

believe it or not.
there used to be a fairly vocal crew here who would argue that the conference tournaments were meaningless and should be eliminated because they merely tired your team for the big dance. where are they now ?

believe it or not.
there used to be a fairly vocal crew here who would argue that the conference tournaments were meaningless and should be eliminated because they merely tired your team for the big dance. where are they now ?
I never said they were a waste, I do think when SU won or went deep they did not play well in the tourney. That’s completely anecdotal btw.

believe it or not.
i hate conference tournaments they are a scam
but as david hannum observed, suckers are produced at scale

Last edited:
I think it's stupid these mid major and low major conferences give their auto bid to the tourney winner. It should be the regular season winner only.

I think it's stupid these mid major and low major conferences give their auto bid to the tourney winner. It should be the regular season winner only.
It’s all about tv ratings. Even the ASUN conference will get a lot of eyeballs for their conference tourney.

I'm aware why. It's still stupid.
As a fan conference tourney week is certainly exciting. But yeah a team like Colgate could scare a team in the tournament but now they have to win their conference tourney despite dominating all year in there conference

I love conference tourney week. But yeah as an alum of Mercer, who has had the best record in their conference a few times only to lose in the conference tourney, yeah that sucks. The NIT is still an accomplishment for those types of schools but obviously not the ultimate prize.